HELP!!

Options
Ok I'm new to this and am looking to loose 10lbs I know sounds easy right but I can assure you it is not. Iv'e always gone on spurts with working out once a year for a couple months then back to my old habbits again. Now I am determined to do this im 27 and want to make sure im healthy and living an active lifestyle to be around for a long time.

My ultimate goal is to get NASM certified and be able to compete in fitness competitions yes that's right. My problem is I dont have the money for a traininer and am not educated on lifting or cutting weight. Should I cut before I lift or lift before I cut? And the diet plan Im eating right everyday but dont know if I need to cut weight first before lifting then do i need to lower my protein intake I think?

Replies

• chapamore
    chapamore Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Don't cut. All you are doing is losing lean muscle mass. Lift and cardio both, the balance helps you cut fat while maintaining muscle. Eat your goal calories, and MFP will tell you how much protein you need. Most people on here say eat back half the calories you gain from working out. If you are building muscle, the scale won't show the beneift, and may even go up at least initially.
  • kbrister85
    Options
    Thanks! I really want to shrink my lower stomache that's the hardest part to get rid of! I will keep it up though!:smile::smile:
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Try both cutting and lifting at the same time. This will get you off to a good start and keep you motivated while you really get down into the heart of achieving your goals.

1. Log everything your eat. Even junk food. This is going to be your key to your success.
    2. Increase your protein intake to 1 gram of protein to each pound of body weight every day.
    3. Eat 20% under your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) So for instance, if your RMR (resting metabolic rate) is 1400 calories a day and you work a desk job, you should be okay eating that amount plus any calories your expend from exercise per day. This is your Net calories for the day.
    4. Read on the forums for ideas every day.

And lastly, and most important,

*Log everything your eat. Even junk food. This is going to be your key to your success.
  • kbrister85
    Options
    Thanks!! That helps alot!