Do you eat anything special post-workout?

Options
I never really know what to eat after I workout. Today I had a shake made with raspberries and greek yogurt, so I tried to get some extra protein in. Do you have specific post-workout foods, or do you just eat whatever you like?

Replies

• ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I just eat whatever I like :D

ETA:
    Which usually is something cold and refreshing. I love love smoothies and have been making them recently with some froyo and sherbet to make them taste like Jamba Juice smoothies :) Yum! I do have a lot of calories to eat every day tho :D
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    usually a smoothie: Banana, vanilla yogurt, peanut butter and 1% milk.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Definitely try to eat a meal rich in Protein..or if I don't really feel like "eating" a real meal, i'll grab a protein bar/nuts/jerky/chocolate milk/etc
  • Fridyy
    Fridyy Posts: 2
    Options
    I usually eat a banana and drink a big glass of milk :)
  • reh1089
    reh1089 Posts: 21
    Options
    I usually drink a protein shake. If I don't have/want that, I drink some chocolate milk -- a great recovery drink after a hard workout. Anything with a good mix of carbs and protein!
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    yogurt with blue berries, some dates, some aminos
  • kinmad4it
    kinmad4it Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Protein shake and a banana so it balances out the carbs and protein. I've actually started taking them with me to the gym and have them both while getting changed afterwards. Whether or not having them so soon after a work out has any real significant benefit is a mystery, but it can't hurt.