Looking for more friends, especially c25k people

Options
I don't have a lot of 'friends' on here but the few I have keep this site motivating for me, would like to add more.

I've never been a runner, which really annoyed my drill sargents, but figured I'd give the c25k program a try during the winter downtime since riding my bike indoors is so boring.

Replies

• Chelsia77
    Options
    Hi there!! My name is Chelsia. I'm 35 yrs old with.....5 kids :) I recently started WeightWatchers and also C25K! I'm happy to be friends. What day are you on? This is my 2nd time doing it and it really does work.
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Have a look on my friends list, I recently added a fair few starting C25K :) I just did w2d2 this morning
  • dj542
    dj542 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just did week two, day one this morning. Doing it on the treadmill and splitting between 3.5 and 6.5mph, should really read up on the program to see what I should be doing instead of just going blind.

Got a treadmill awhile ago and have just been doing what I'll call freestyle, run as fast as I can (7-9mph) for as long as I can which is only a quarter mile at 9mph, then walk the next quarter (or two).....I'm liking the patterned steps of the c25k.

Hi there!! My name is Chelsia. I'm 35 yrs old with.....5 kids :) I recently started WeightWatchers and also C25K! I'm happy to be friends. What day are you on? This is my 2nd time doing it and it really does work.
  • DocDetroit
    DocDetroit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    DJ,
    I am about to start my eighth week today and have been doing it outside. However, since I am in Chicago the weather is starting to interfere. My advice to you though is to increase your incline on the treadmill to 2 or 3. I know it will seem to knock you back a bit in progress but once you head outside, you will be much more prepared.

Good Luck!

Shane
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Just did Week 5 day 1 this morning. Some knee issues have been slowing me down, but I've been slogging away at it. Got some new shoes and orthotics at the week on the advice of my doctor, and had my first workout this morning where I felt I was limited by my ability rather than pain in my knees. Glorious.