Does anyone have good snacks ideas for at work?

Options
Hey everyone,
Does anyone have some good suggestions for snacks that I can bring to work?
I am a snacker and have a desk job so all I can think about is having s snack since I am stuck at my desk.

Thanks!

Replies

• Robbo1tp
    Options
    musashi growling dog energy bars are a supercharged snack packed with the power energy . This is what I have and love them
  • Try pretzels, grapes, cheese, boiled egg (if other people dont mind the boiled egg smell), those 100 calorie cookies and cracker packs. I recommend pre portioning your snacks prior to your work day. That way you will eat a portion size of pretzels versus the whole bag ;)
  • Lavitabella174
    Lavitabella174 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan lately of pistachios, plus they make fun flavors, so you can change it up.
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I always snack, too! Now, when I pack my lunch, I automatically pack a morning and afternoon snack. I think it keeps your blood sugar levels in check. The key is to stick to the recommended portion sizes to stay within your calorie goal.

I usually always eat apple slices in the morning. If you need a little extra you can add a tablespoon or 2 of peanut butter
    Celery and Laughing Cow cheese
    100 cal pack of almost anything
    String cheese or cheese sticks (I love cheese!)
    dill pickles wrapped in deli meat
    olives (I like to splurge and get olives from the olive bar)
    cottage cheese and crackers or rice cakes
    Kashi cookies (just 1)
    cereal
    almonds

This article might help, too: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/easy_recipes/healthy_snacks_to_stash_in_your_desk
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    rice cakes....I was never a big fan of them until I started watching what I ate. Then I learn they come in several flavors now. Not bad at all.
  • oklagirl
    oklagirl Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    apple slices with peanut butter, trail mix, yogurt, any fruit.
  • Judi29
    Judi29 Posts: 10
    Options
    oh yeah bars, veggies and hummus
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Almonds, pistachios, sunflower seeds. If you are prone to mindless snacking, make sure to measure them out to serving sizes, so you don't over do it, and so you can track your calories. Nuts are usually pretty high in calories. If you need lower calories, go for celery sticks, baby carrots, or other veggies.
  • BrianBarrett79
    BrianBarrett79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Not sure if anyone mentionned this but I like mixing in some Canned Tuna with Lemon Pepper. Dont want to do it all the time but a couple times a week its great!
  • mnwild77
    mnwild77 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, it looks like I have a growing grocery list of good stuff to portion out and snack on.