A tiny, tiny, but important victory.

Options
omma_to_3
omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
I started this journey on May 9th, 2011. Wow, that was a LONG time ago! I've been more successful than I could have imagined and I have probably another 7 or 8 months to go. Slow and steady for sure LOL.

Over the month of December, 2011, I actually gained 3 lbs. Not a big deal, I got back on track in January 2012 and all was well. But still, it was disappointing. Every year I make hundreds of DOZENS of cookies in mid December, and give many (but not all LOL) of them away as gifts to teachers and employees, etc. Then I got sick, and well, I eat comfort food when I'm sick. So it wasn't a mystery why I gained weight last year.

December, 2012...I didn't get sick this time, but still made all the cookies. And I had a net LOSS of half a pound. I'm totally calling that a WIN.

Replies

• ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    That's an AMAZING win! Great job:drinker:
  • smithme09
    Options
    That's definitely a win! I don't think a December goes by that I don't gain at least a few pounds! (Four this month--that's bad!) Congratulations--I'd say that's more than a tiny victory!
  • mrsna
    mrsna Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Definitely a win. Last year I fell down in December and then gave up. This year I stayed on track and didn't gain any weight. I am back to losing already in January and finally off my 3 month plateau. I'm celebrating with you!! Keep up the great work!
  • SheriF49
    SheriF49 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    That is great!!
  • AmyS1975
    AmyS1975 Posts: 143
    Options
    Not so tiny victory! Way to go!
  • MissAmyB80
    MissAmyB80 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    This victory is NOT tiny. It's HUGE!!!!!

WTG!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!