Heart Rate Monitor Advice please

Options
I have been searching for an HRM, and want to know what everyone thinks, which is the best for its value? What are the pros and cons, which do I not buy? I have researched a little bit and have come up with the best option being the Polar FT7. All opinions wanted with use!!!

Replies

• victoriaannewilliams
    Options
    I use the Polar FT4 and love it!!! It's very simple it counts calories burned, lets me know when i'm in my heart rate zone, what my current heart rate is, date, and time, which is all I really need. And it's PINK! It was $89.99 at Academy, but it's on Amazon for $69.99
  • ashleyh3156
    ashleyh3156 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    thanks!!! I need something with more accuracy than MFP.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    thanks!!! I need something with more accuracy than MFP.

If you are looking for accuracy of calorie burn during the steady-state aerobic exercise that is only valid for, then their cheapest model with required stats is the RS300X, just a tad more than the FT7.
  • determined136
    Options
    I just purchased the Polar FT7 on advise from a MFP friend....I LOVE it and know I know exactly what I am burning. Best investment yet!

I got mine from bodytronics.com and they were on sale....check there and there was no shipping and it said 7-10 business days....I had it two days later!

Best of luck!!!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Do you have an iphone? I just got a polar bluetooth H7 chest strap that I pair with my iphone. I usually run/ride/lift with my phone on me anyway so i figured I didn't need a watch. So far I'm loving it!
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Polar makes the best HRM products out there in my mind and the FT series is fantastic! I have been using a HRM for the last 15+ years and I never do a workout or activity without it. You really cant trust the MFP suggestions for calories burned, or any website to be honest. Everyone's body is different and if you want a true accurate picture of how many calories you are burning you should invest in one of these products. I have used several diff brands and Polar is by far the best. Good luck!
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar HRM. I was in the market for the FT4 or FT7 but stumbled across the FT60 for a sweet price. Never happier, definitely worth the investment.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options