Bodia Media Fit Link and MFP - feedback from users

Options
I'm thinking of switching my body bugg to a body media. I would like to hear from others using the body media on their satisfaction on how the two sync and if you use the MFP database to journal your food or if you use the body media site.

Thanks, any and all feedback of the device is welcomed.

Replies

• amy_p
    amy_p Posts: 82
    Options
    I've been using my Body MediaFit for about a month, and MFP for over 2 years. Since using the body media, I do not log any exercise on MFP, I only use it to log my foods. I've been using it so long that I didn't even try out the database on Body Media's website.

They sync perfectly, but I don't pay attention to any extra calories it says I earned from the Body Media adjustment. I go by the totals that I get directly from Body Media. I use the Link, so I get up-to-date counts right on my phone.

The sync to the cell phone is not perfect and I find myself re-syncing often. It's not really a big deal, but I would say that's my one complaint. I love the data it collects, and the reports that can be run from the activity manager. Overall, I'm extremely happy with the purchase!

Hope that helps!!
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I have a BodyMedia Fit Link connected to my MFP account. It makes it much easier to figure out what you can eat every day (I had a lot of trial and error trying to figure out where to set my intake number on MFP), and I like the huge food database on MFP, but I'm considering unlinking the accounts because there are nutrients that BMF counts that MFP does not.

I adore the BMF Link armband, tho. It's the reason that I lost the last 23 lbs.
  • Vicki66C
    Vicki66C Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much guys! I think I'm going to purchase it!
  • FluroFaye
    FluroFaye Posts: 130
    Options
    It is awesome. It's great for seeing your TDEE and calculating just how much you should/can eat. Lazy days I know I burn about 2300. Active days I can get above 3000...and that's not being INCREDIBLY active. I now couple it with a FT4 Polar HRM so I can see my direct workout calories and for being 'in zone'. Yesterday I burnt over 600 cals just on the wii thanks to my HRM and BMF
  • trixyj
    trixyj Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Works fantastically well together and seamless. It's amazing
  • Slamdunkpro
    Slamdunkpro Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I got a Link for Christmas and have been very happy with it & Bodymedia's customer service. I had an issue with the sync the other day, emailed and CS responded the next morning with helpful and useful info.

The only thing I wish the Link had was more detailed info on what differentiates moderate and vigorous activity and what data it looks at.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I've had no issues with mine. Love it!
  • Vicki66C
    Vicki66C Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I ordered it, now the wait till it comes in...

I got a great price on the body media website. $109.24 total!!! Includes a Biggest Loser DVD and 3 month subscription. It technically is on sale now for $119.00 but I found a promo code on line, used that to save 15% and free shipping.

So glad I waited and got feedback from all who responded here because when I looked on the body media site last week, it was $149.00. I'd say I scored an amazing deal!!!! :smile:
  • MaggieKillNMaul
    MaggieKillNMaul Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love it....I got mine for Xmas and have already lost 5lbs as a result--and I haven't even had a chance to get back to the gym yet! It's really fun to see the charts and data.

Hope you enjoy it! :)
  • idahopacker
    idahopacker Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I like my BodyMedia Core. Syncing data and charging the device is quick and easy. I've had mine for several months and the only issue I have had is breaking the armbands.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    The Core2 is coming this year if you can wait!
  • darcyinmo
    darcyinmo Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    UPS says mine should be here TOMORROW!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!
  • MIM49
    MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
    Options

If you are a member of Costco:
    http://www.costco.com/BodyMedia-FIT™-LINK-Armband.product.11680102.html?catalogId=10701&langId=-1&keyword=BodyMediaFit&storeId=10301

on sale to 1/20/2013 $199.99 includes 12 month website subscription and free shipping (normally comes with 3 free months so this is an extra 9 months)
  • idahopacker
    Options

http://www.costco.com/BodyMedia-FIT™-LINK-Armband.product.11680102.html?catalogId=10701&langId=-1&keyword=BodyMediaFit&storeId=10301

on sale to 1/20/2013 $199.99 includes 12 month website subscription and free shipping (normally comes with 3 free months so this is an extra 9 months)

I just checked costco.com and it's $120 with a 12 month subscription
  • MIM49
    MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
    Options

on sale to 1/20/2013 $119.99 includes 12 month website subscription and free shipping (normally comes with 3 free months so this is an extra 9 months)
  • idahopacker
    Options
    I had a very positive support experience with BodyMedia today. They responded quickly and are replacing my broken armband straps at no additional cost.