Ellelit's Self-Rehab

so, starting tomorrow i am starting a self- rehab journey that will focus on the mental aspects of my compulsive overeating. i'm going to document my emotional and mental journey for you all to see, and hope that it will pull me out of this 29 year funk. here is a sample day of the things i will be working towards:

2 minute positive thinking meditation
light stretching
make bed
have a healthy breakfast at home
do the morning dishes
pack a healthy lunch and snacks
walk to work (15-20 minutes)
go for a 15 minute walk at lunch
sit on the bench outside and repeat mantra: "nothing will ever taste as good as being fit, healthy and happy feels"
maintain positive attitude at work
try to stay out of office gossip
drink 2 glasses of water at work
have a cup of tea for snack
don't eat out
walk home from work via kennedy (15-20 minutes)
stop at bench and meditate for 10 mins
reflect on the positive things that happened
reflect on the negative and look for the positive in them, or how i can make them positive tomorrow
not bring money with me to work
no fast food
make a healthy dinner and lunch for tomorrow
watch only 2 hours of tv per night
write in my weightloss journal, my gratitude journal and my positivity journal
work on my novel, poems and screenplay
make sure house is clean before bed

Exercise:
lift weights
3 x 10 lateral raises
3 x 10 21's
3 x 10 overhead presses
3 x 10 tricep curls
2 x 5 front raises

200 crunches circuit

walk for at least 30 minutes

evening stretches

2 minute evening relaxation meditation, to calm myself before bed.

so yes, it seems mundane and nit-picky... but sometimes when i get in severely depressive moods i dont drink water for a few days, i let the dishes pile up and it leads to a binge. i'm doing everything i can to step out of it. if i have to do it on my own, i will conquer my demons. i want to share because it will help me become proud of my daily achievements. so, here goes!

Replies

• ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    so, starting tomorrow i am starting a self- rehab journey that will focus on the mental aspects of my compulsive overeating. i'm going to document my emotional and mental journey for you all to see, and hope that it will pull me out of this 29 year funk. here is a sample day of the things i will be working towards:

light stretching
    make bed
    do the morning dishes
    sit on the bench outside and repeat mantra: "nothing will ever taste as good as being fit, healthy and happy feels"
    don't eat out
    reflect on the negative and look for the positive in them, or how i can make them positive tomorrow
    no fast food

Exercise:
    lift weights
    3 x 10 lateral raises
    3 x 10 21's
    3 x 10 overhead presses
    3 x 10 tricep curls
    2 x 5 front raises

200 crunches circuit

evening stretches

so yes, it seems mundane and nit-picky... but sometimes when i get in severely depressive moods i dont drink water for a few days, i let the dishes pile up and it leads to a binge. i'm doing everything i can to step out of it. if i have to do it on my own, i will conquer my demons. i want to share because it will help me become proud of my daily achievements. so, here goes!
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member

light stretching
    make bed
    do the morning dishes
    don't eat out
    no fast food

Exercise:
    lift weights
    3 x 10 lateral raises
    3 x 10 21's
    3 x 10 overhead presses
    3 x 10 tricep curls
    2 x 5 front raises

200 crunches circuit

evening stretches

It is not mundane, nor nit-picky. You are doing what you personally feel will help you, and that is a great step. Praying for you!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Lindsay!

I am so happy for you and my thoughts and prayers will be with you on this journey. I think this is a great and totally fab schedule - not nit picky at all!!! I was thinking as I wrote it that I would love to do the same for my life and it often spirals out of control!

IMHO, your honesty about what controls you and leads to your binges is such a brave admission - one of my favorite sayings is "Awareness is the boobey prize". To take charge and document a goal, or as Brittney Spears says "Put it out there to the universe" is awesome!

I look forward to following you on your journey to Healthy, Happy Living!

xxoo
    Tricia
  • cindyfaye
    cindyfaye Posts: 72
    The hardest dicipline you will ever learn or teach is self discipline. I binge too with emotions. Set myself up for failure just like an alcoholic. I'm stubborn and when things don't go my way ie the scale, I want to eat and not just a cheeseburger but the whole cow. Hang in there. . .together we will all beat this monster.
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    That sounds really great, but don't you think you should start with a smaller list?
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    these are goals, not necessarily things i MUST do everyday, but things i want to strive towards... my list is WAY bigger than that when you include eating issues lol