Little Wins

Options
We all record how much we eat - point of being here yeah? But what about what we don't eat that we usually would have - the little wins when you refuse something - surely that's a motivator?

I suggest we every so often make a note of things refused/dodged/changed for the sake of the MFP. Maybe keep a little mental tally and note down once a week.

I'll start with a few:

Friday - An extra mince pie, 2 chocolates and a toasted cheese sandwich
Sunday - Second helpings, dessert, another chocolate, a warm fatty beverage or two
Monday - A cat shaped chocolate! Fatty warm drink from machine at work. Another mince pie (they sit on a shelf behind me at work, looking at me allllll day)

How many calories must I have saved already?!

Replies

• phia44
    phia44 Posts: 3
    Options
    Mine is the supermarket. My nemesis! Today I held a crime egg in my hand and stared at it for at least 2 minutes. I put it back!!!
  • KayleyN86
    Options
    Aw man - I have only had two of the dozen i bought at the weekend! I used to be a chocolate bar, cake etc a night girl!

Well done for resisting - you are well 'ard!
  • Justkritter
    Justkritter Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    This one just happened like 10 minutes ago. My lil bro asked my mom for some german franks so she made one for him and asked me if I want one. I was already having my peanut butter sandwich and mac and cheese but I was reluctant to add the frank since I needed more calories for the day but ended saying no after looking at the sodium content.
  • magicherry
    magicherry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My little wins - yes, it is kind of cool to think about the ABILITY to CHOOSE and how GOOD it FEELS. 2 weeks ago I was tripping out tot he kitchen to grab a handful of candy/cookies/salty-snacks 3, 4 or 5 times each day. Now I choose fruit, water and hot tea, and I exercise and I feel so good, so in control. It is an awesome feeling that has nothing to do with the scale.

And, wow - great great GREAT decision!
    This one just happened like 10 minutes ago. My lil bro asked my mom for some german franks so she made one for him and asked me if I want one. I was already having my peanut butter sandwich and mac and cheese but I was reluctant to add the frank since I needed more calories for the day but ended saying no after looking at the sodium content.
  • KayleyN86
    Options
    Great work folks! It's that little happy feeling inside when you have been strong enough to refuse and see it through!
  • KayleyN86
    Options
    My win of the day is having 2 sausages at dinner instead of the usual 3. That one is now breakfast!