Any one w/ PCOS?

Options
2»

Replies

• belisabethbrown
    belisabethbrown Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The symptoms sound EXACTLY like me. Guess I just need to man up and see the doctor! Thanks for the support, and the best of luck on your journey. :)
  • whiskeyblue22
    Options
    You can do it! I battled infertility for 2 years due to PCOS symptoms. I'm 5'7", my highest weight was 286 (sadly before I got pregnant) and I'm currently at about 166 aiming for 143. Getting under 200 lbs was also my first goal! Good luck on your journey :)

This is truly inspiring. I am also 5'7 and my highest weight was 273. I've lost 70lbs (before joining myFitness over a month ago) through running and diet. Still have 40-50 to go, but really committed to dropping the rest this year by supplementing running with lifting. I've also been battling infertility for a while now (feels like a long time just due to the time spent at the doctor's office). I'd love any tips you have about busting through the plateaus so commonly encountered with PCOS.
  • stephygrace81
    Options
    Seems like a lot of us are living parallel lives and battling of PCOS is what binds us! It is nice to know that there is otheres who can relate to the complications that PCOS brings...

Thank you all to have posted!!!
  • tlsmith718
    Options
    Hey there! You are not alone by any means! Tons of women have PCOS! I was diagnosed at the age of 30...I have taken many a med for this and I would say that symptom control is what the meds do. For the most part, I was at a normal weight most of the last 13 years but I struggled with facial hair growth, mood swings, 3 lost pregnancies and did I mention mood swings??!!

I took an OBC (oral birth control pill) for years, except when trying to conceive, and this has helped control symptoms. I recently quit taking the OBC but I continue to take Metformin (2000mg/day). I have read that low carb is the best diet for PCOS but I am a sugar addict and it has started controlling my life...I am an emotional eater....I have struggled to stay at a healthy weight as of the last few years.

Over the last 3 years I have gained 25-30 pounds but I blame that on poor eating, an injury and aging!. I am 5'5'' and SW was 165, I am at 158 right now with a goal of 135-140.

There are lots of resources out there for women with PCOS...

I would be happy to be your friend and cheer you on in reaching your goals! One day at a time....You can do it!!:smile:
  • Debbs83
    Debbs83 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi - I am 29 and also have PCOS. Luckily, it has not affected my weight but it has affected my skin, periods, hair, etc. I can keep it mostly under control with birth control but I went to the dermatologist recently to help with skin issues.

My highest weight was 165 at 5'6 and it was due to eating (and drinking!) too much. I am now down to 140 and looking to lose that extra 5-10 pounds.

Please feel free to add me as a friend! I just started getting active on MFP and am looking for friends.
  • Getyourshineon
    Options
    Hey there ~ Yes to PCOS, for years now. I was told when I was in my early 30's but didn't really know what the diagnosis really meant. The doc did tell me there was a correlation between PCOS and weight issues. I used to take meds for severe PMS but haven't been on that in a couple of years. I deal with monthly migraines either at the beginning of my cycle or at the end or both, lol...I can sure relate with what you are going through. I was blessed though, in the fact that pregnancy wasn't an issue, but I do have cysts and fibroids and all the other complications that go along with the diagnosis.

You are welcome to add me as a friend.

Best of luck to you