FitBit or Jawbone UP?

Options
I'm torn between the two. I also saw that FitBit is coming out with a wristband pedometer this spring but I really want to get started with something now.

The integration with MFP is what is really drawing the FitBit to me. I like the look of the Jawbone (I'm terrified I'll lose that little FitBit), and I've read the sleep tracker is much more in depth on the Jawbone than the FitBit, but can you manually input your data from the Jawbone into MFP?

Replies

• Vickiheiss
    Vickiheiss Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit and it fits pretty tightly on my clothes (I usually wear it on my bra).so I have not had a problem with it falling off so that I might lose it. Not familiar with the Jawbone so I can't compare it with the Fitbit. I personally love that Fitbit will send information direct to MFP and vice versa. Makes it so much easier to track my exercise and calories for the day!
  • MaggieKillNMaul
    MaggieKillNMaul Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I don't know how either of those works, but I have the bodymedia link and I love it.....syncs great with MFP and gives quite a bit of data. I got it for Xmas, and so far it's helped me lose 5lbs--and that's without going to the gym (I've been sick, so decided to get better first). It's pretty cool because it gives a lot of useful data--it can even tell when you're laying down vs. sleeping!
  • skankamaggot
    skankamaggot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I've been a fitbit user for the past year, and while I've had numerous devices fail on me, their customer service is A+ at sending free replacements if they are defective. That said, I would LOVE to try the jawbone instead, I love its design, but it has no display and I'm not an iphone user, so right now it's kinda pointless for me. Maybe when they come out with the android app I'll consider switching.
  • TigressStripes
    TigressStripes Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've owned my FitBit since last year - one thing I can say about them is that their customer service is superb. I wore my FitBit on the inside of a sports bra and the sweat messed it up - they sent me a brand new one, no cost to me. When the clip that holds it on to clothing snapped, they shipped me a brand new clip, again no cost to me.

I too like the easy integration of MFP and FitBit (and that FitBit also integrates with other services like Endomondo).

Good luck with whatever you decide!
  • titi4j
    titi4j Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with the Jawbone but I do have a FitBit Ultra. I love it!!! It does show how many times you wake during the night which I have found useful in how I feel during the day. It does fit closely, I wear it clipped on the pocket of my pants, and I've never had a problem with it even moving at all. I love how it syncs with MFP along with the data you get at FitBit.com. It shows your goals, sleep patterns, it's just amazing. Good luck in your decision :)
  • caroleannlight
    caroleannlight Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit - I find it really useful to make me walk more and build up the steps. The integration with MFP works well. Don't have any experience with jawbone.
  • skankamaggot
    skankamaggot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Actually after hearing about the new fitbit device that is similar to the jawbone, I will most likely be getting one of these once it's released: http://www.fitbit.com/flex