MFP Calorie Counting and BMR

blackbelterin
blackbelterin Posts: 6
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
I read a topid on here that I am having trouble finding. But basically what it said was that MFP already considers your calories as deficient of what you need. So my question to make sure I am understanding this all...

My BMR is 1770, the MFP says calories in a day are 1740. I have an active job and workout 6 days a week. I am losing but I want to make sure this is the right thing. In the article it said that since it is set up to be deficient that I should eat atleast half of my work out calories back. That is where I am struggling. I have a hard time eating 1700 should I really try to eat back the extra that I am burning off? I don't want my body to think I am starving it but I don't want to hit a wall either. So if you have any info please let me know. Thanks

Erin

Replies

• you should definitely eat back at least most of what you work off. MFP puts me at 1200 calories a day, but my BMR is 1320, so i eat at least 1320. studies have shown that 1200 calories is the minimum required for survival before your body goes into survival mode. this doesn't necessarily consider BMRs. your net calories should be your BMR.
  • Ok thanks!
This discussion has been closed.