Tracking calories consumed after midnight?

Options
Can anyone tell me where I should track calories if they are consumed after midnight? For instance, last night I had a battle with the cereal and the Trix Rabbit won at 12:30 a.m. Do I include the calories in the previous day or should they be included for today's calories?

I promptly went to bed afterwards, cursing the cereal the whole way.

Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I'd track them for that day...I track from when I wake up til I go to sleep as one day.
  • shamer
    shamer Posts: 3
    Options
    I do not think that I would really matter. For example, if you wanted to loose 1 pound in a week you would need to cut 3500 calories. It doesnt really matter where you log it as long as you log it.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I'd track them for that day...I track from when I wake up til I go to sleep as one day.
    ditto for me I wake up and begin a new day:flowerforyou:
  • lknorthstar
    lknorthstar Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I do a day from when I wake up to when I go to bed.
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    I have battles with food in the middle of the night all the time. If I eat and then sleep for more hten 6 hours I count it in the "previous" day...but if I wat at say 4am and get up at 6 then I would count it that day.....
  • aedfit
    aedfit Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Makes sense. The cereal is now yesterday's news. Thanks all!
  • patwil73
    patwil73 Posts: 28
    Options
    Since I work nightshift for 7 days straight then days at home I have everything broken up into times. Midnight to 4am, 4am-8am, 8a-noon, noon-4pm, 4pm-8pm, 8p to midnight. Makes it much easier for me to track since during my work stretch I wake up at 6pm and eat dinner with the family, drive to work at 11pm with a snack, eat again at 2:30 in a meeting, snack at 6am, breakfast at 10am and home to sleep again.