1 year consistently logging = 45 pounds gone forever!

Options
lauras777
lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
So..I'm not at my goal weight just yet...but I have been taking the slow and steady approach to losing this weight that I have put on in the last 20 years. But I can say that by keeping track of what I'm eating every day for a year and exercising at least 6 days a week I have managed to find success this past year! I am very pleased with my progress and only had a few weeks where I felt like I was "stuck" and wasn't losing at least a little that week. :happy:

My starting weight last January was 205...which really isn't my highest weight, but that's where I was the first day I logged into MFP...so that's where this story begins...

The first couple of months were definitely challenging..remembering to log everything and finding the horror when I logged something that I didn't think was THAT bad before...:noway: but now I know the ugly details of the food I was eating...yikes!

After the next few months it really became addictive, I enjoyed making sure I was "under" each day and did the exercise necessary to make sure I was still losing weight so I could update my status!! :laugh:

Anyway..one year later and I'm down 45 pounds and have gone from a size 18/20 to a size 8! I'm looking to lose at least 10 more pounds and then I'll reevaluate my goal.

I have had great support from my husband as well as my wonderful MFP friends!!!

I hope those who are just starting out on MFP can use my success to keep them going until they reach their own goals!!!

2rcpqbr.jpg

-Laura :smile:

Replies

• jc4gotpaid
    jc4gotpaid Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    WOW thats awesome good for you :)
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    So great! Congratulations!
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    2rcpqbr.jpg

Tried to fix your photo. All of it didn't come through or maybe I did something wrong.

Great dedication!
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great loss!
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    2rcpqbr.jpg

Tried to fix your photo. All of it didn't come through or maybe I did something wrong.

Great dedication!

Oh, well, thanks for trying! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!