Help with 600 calorie meals

Options
Ok so im having difficulty in making a simple diet plan for meals that contain 600cal for 5 meals but also only uses the 40carbs/40protein/40fats ratios. Im looking for meals that arent going to be too heavy and makes me feel full all the time.
As a side note im trying to do the Insanity workout and some of there meals in their guide are eight gonna cost a lot or are just no good.

I hope someone can help me out here.

Replies

• Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Your ratios are off, 40 x 3 = 120%.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I guess you are aiming for 3000 calories a day? Eat a gallon of ice cream

edit: and based on your diary you drink alot of shakes - exchange those shakes for some whole protein sources, and add more breads/nuts/carbs into your diet. Like with your 2 eggs add veggies and a tortilla to eat it in - or add some steak to it too for a 500 cal + meal
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    If you meant 40/30/30 (zone diet ratios), there's plenty of websites that can give you recipes for that.
    here's one
    http://www.zonediet.com/zone-classic-recipes

google will help you find others.

If you were looking for 40/40/20 ratios....what's pretty much described in Body For Life, just find a copy of that book. It's generally a protein the size of your palm (like a chicken breast), a non-starchy veggie serving the size of your fist, and a fruit. Fat will generally take care of itself eating that way.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    1lb of boneless skinless chicken is 400 cal, then eat 200 cal of veggie of choice.
  • TR56
    TR56 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've been having good luck with chicken breast sandwiches, though they are more like 50p/30c/20f
    About 500-600 calories depending on how much miracle whip used
    10oz chicken breast
    2 slices of toast
    1 slice of packaged american
    2-4Tbsp of light miracle whip
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Can you change up your goal to just get a general ratio at the end of each day, as opposed to each meal?

What I mean is, I aim to eat 40P/30C/30F and I tend to eat more carbs around my workout at the beginning of the day and more protein and fats at the end of the day but overall it balances out to where I'd like it.

It might be a bit easier to hit your macro goals if you do it that way... just as a suggestion.
  • MrVictus
    Options
    Yeah sorry did mean 40/40/20 :S
  • MrVictus
    Options
    I guess you are aiming for 3000 calories a day? Eat a gallon of ice cream

edit: and based on your diary you drink alot of shakes - exchange those shakes for some whole protein sources, and add more breads/nuts/carbs into your diet. Like with your 2 eggs add veggies and a tortilla to eat it in - or add some steak to it too for a 500 cal + meal

Thanks for the helpfull tip, will look into more protein foods that can replace the shakes, days at work are busy so dont always have time to grab food, shakes are quicker to make.
  • MrVictus
    Options
    Ok so im having difficulty in making a simple diet plan for meals that contain 600cal for 5 meals but also only uses the 40carbs/40protein/40fats ratios. Im looking for meals that arent going to be too heavy and makes me feel full all the time.
    As a side note im trying to do the Insanity workout and some of there meals in their guide are eight gonna cost a lot or are just no good.

haha come on man, don't be so uptight about it. I used to do this all the time, it just leads to failure, and there is no point.

You have to use solid sources of macro nutrients for example, products that are "solid protein" and "solid carbs" and "solid fats"

not mixed sources, like cheese = protein and fat.
    milk = protein, fat, carbs

if you fit your protein in to one window, it will change your fat or carbs profile.

It's a real pain, let go of this idea, trust me.

Thanks for the advice, have been reading loads of stuff online and so it's all just getting confusing, have taken your advice on board and looking into more of the foods with just those specific nutrients.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Meat, potato, butter, green veggie....done

My macros are a little different, but I do a lot of 600 calorie meals. You can feel free to peruse my diary for ideas.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Slim Fast and Special K websites both have recipes that are close to that caloric goal. Around 500. The extra 100 calories you can use to customize them to your specific balances you want to achieve. Just use their recipes as a starting point.

Also, most restaurants have some kind of "light" menus with a similar caloric goal and nutrition info online. Then there are copycat recipe websites that tell you how to make those dishes. So you could also use those as a starting point and again use the extra 100 calories in your goal to add things that make it the right balance for you. Hope this helps.