Smoothie Recipes?!?!

Options
So for christmas I got this super awesome cuisinart blender with TRAVEL CUPS... Blend in the same bottle, switch the blade for the top and BAM! Ready to go.

Now this thing is awesome..and Im doing well with making smoothies but so far it is literally... Mixed frozen berries, orange juice, and ice.

This is lame.. and I need recipes. :(

Replies

• lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Natures bounty chocolate or vanilla protein shake- buy it at walgreens
    or maybe elsewhere, frozen mixed berries and almond milk........................YUM
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    i think you have to add an emulsifier like a banana,,, plus SPINACH yes. yum.. go to recipes and search for green smoothies...they rock
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    the smoothie I make the most is 1 frozen banana, 1 packet stevia, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1 cup of vanilla soy milk

some of the green smoothies are good to. check out this link and try the ones that sound the best to you.
    http://www.oatmealinmybowl.com/the-kitchen/30-delicious-green-smoothie-recipes/
  • kadinlucas
    kadinlucas Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Every morning for breakfast I have...

1 banana
    100 mls milk
    1/4c wholegrain oats
    ~50g frozen berries.

Not terribly exciting but if you are finding your smoothies do not full you up for long enough I definitely recommend the oats. I quite like the crunch it gives and helps with satiation.
  • mandie28653
    mandie28653 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i think you have to add an emulsifier like a banana,,, plus SPINACH yes. yum.. go to recipes and search for green smoothies...they rock

spinach!? really?
  • HeatherStorey
    HeatherStorey Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    When you add spinach to a fruit smoothy, you do not taste the spinach but you get the nutritional benefit. You can also add Kale or any other leafy green.