Husbands

Options
A go to list of words not to call your wife who is on a diet:

Fat
Lazy
*kitten*

Any combination of the above. It is not motivating and will make your wife unhappy and she'll lose weight - the equivalent of your body weight when she divorces/leaves your *kitten*! ;)

Replies

• UKMarjie
    UKMarjie Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Sorry it is just that there are so many heartbreaking posts on here with women posting about crap comments - I am sure some wives are doing it too because: people. Find those posts so dire.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    There's just as many posts on here from wives complaining about their husbands being overweight, not getting off the couch and not eating right. Perhaps this goes both ways but I'm just a dude so what do I know.
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Haha. My husband eats all the wrong foods and I mean all! He is not by any means lazy and doesn't have a weight problem. I wish he would eat better. Do not see this happening. One thing I really need him to do now above all else is quit smoking! Seriously, though, he is a huge motivator and is in no way negative with what I am trying to accomplish. He's out of the primary and I am very lucky.
  • april_mesk
    Options
    That would be out of the ordinary-whoops!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Agree... But I'd like to emphasize that, as you said in your second post, this goes for both husbands AND wives.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Just be nice to the poeple you marry. It's kind of important for your day-to-day happiness.
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Why be married to a person that ever says that to anyone to begin with ?
  • bekinator
    bekinator Posts: 103
    Options
    that's a double bump...
  • grumpy2032
    grumpy2032 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My husbond is so good to me he makes sure I have whatever I need . He coments on how much I have lost and always tells me that I am the most important person in his life .I guess I am one of the lucky ones . We have been together 32 years now .
  • SoliQ
    SoliQ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Very sad, I know exactly what you are talking about BUT this journey is about YOU, YOUR health, YOUR happiness.
    :flowerforyou:
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    None of that should ever be said to a person that you love whether they are on a diet or not. I respect the woman I love and therefore never call her names. Just as she respects me and doesn't use silly name calls to disrespect me.
  • jessready
    jessready Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am one of the lucky ones too. Mine is very supportive. He never has said I need to lose, or get in shape. He tells me how wonderful it is when I make healthy choices, and even will offer me the "good" TV when I get my workout clothes on so I can work out with my DVD's :)
  • april_mesk
    Options
    Been with mine for 13 yrs and he would never call me any of these things unless we were joking about something. Of course, we are always joking :) This is why I love him too. He makes me laugh so much. We get each other which doesn't always happen. Actually, there aren't many people who don't like him.
  • Debutante55
    Debutante55 Posts: 72 Member
    Options

I AGREE! The key word being "anyone". It's just SO mean and unproductive... and possibly a big 'red flag' to some other serious character flaws.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Just be nice to the poeple you marry. It's kind of important for your day-to-day happiness.

^^THIS!!
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Don't call her your gf's name either.....
  • gailmelanie
    gailmelanie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My husband avoids talking about my appearance at all unless there is something truly outrageous about it. He has no reason to call me lazy, so that would be unjustifiable, also to be avoided. We just celebrated our 16th anniversary with a nooner, I might add, and are very happy I'm taking his lack of comment as, "no news is good news."
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    We've been married now for 33+ years. I have never met anyone who can balance truth with mercy, honesty with love, and determination with grace than my wife. We've been through much as many have but have not only survived, but flourished as we choose to serve one another through "thick and thin". Right now, I am the thick one...

I was raised in a hateful family....however, I have been lucky to trade way up.

A little message from James Ingram...

Compliment what she does
    Send her roses just because
    If it's violins she loves
    Let them play
    Dedicate her favourite song
    And hold her closer all night long
    Love her today
    Find one hundred ways
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options

I AGREE! The key word being "anyone". It's just SO mean and unproductive... and possibly a big 'red flag' to some other serious character flaws.

My bf and I say stuff like that to each other all the time in a joking manner, it's playful haha If OPs partner hurt her feelings, she should discuss it with him right away.