Down 5lbs in 2 weeks!

Options
Woo hoo, since starting this two weeks ago, I've lost 5lbs! I'm surprised b/c I thought it'd be more like 1lb a week, especially since I'm not extremely overweight. Now I have 15lbs left to lose for a healthy bmi, and 25lbs for my final goal. Feels good!

I've watched my calories closely and kept them under 1230 most week days (I eat my exercise calories as well so it ends up being around 1400). As far as exercise goes, I've been walking a lot with my boys in their stroller and trying to get in 20-30mins of a cardio-based fitness video. I change it up so I'm not getting bored and doing the same workouts over and over again. I rarely do 30 mins at once- it's throughout the day since my boys won't let me do ANYTHING for 30 mins LOL.

Anyways, I'm super encouraged now and excited to start fitting into some of my tight jeans again:-) Realizing it may be slow going from here but determined to meet my goal by my birthday now!

Replies

• hajpaj
    hajpaj Posts: 6
    Options
    That's great news!! I had to take a look to see how you did it and I'm sure if I remain consistent like I have the past two weeks I should see a few pounds lost! I try not to go over my calorie intake during the week at all but it's hards so working out or staying active is key!
    Good luck on meeting your goal!
  • tracybewick
    Options
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    Excellent result so quickly, well done :O)
  • Mom2Emery_Liam
    Options
    Thanks! I will add that I've been working out now consistently 5-6 days a week for a month...didn't start the calorie counting until 2 weeks ago...that's when the weight loss began.
  • Bleux
    Bleux Posts: 186
    Options
    Well done! I am way jealous! I too have "only" 8kg to lose, but they seem to like where they are! I have only been on the site for a little over two weeks now and am trying to be really careful about counting calories. Good luck on continued success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!