Whoever came up with this idea kuddos!!

Options
Mashed Cauliflower! :bigsmile:

Turned out amazing! Even my 11 and 13 year olds ate it. Not a single complaint.

I used one head of cauliflower, 1/4 cup of parmesean cheese, 1 tablespoon of light cream cheese, garlic, pepper, and a salt.

Replies

• mrykyldy2
    mrykyldy2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I wil make that for my hubby who is diabetic, well, used to when he was behaving himself. It was a great substitue for mashed potatoes. I haven't tried it the way you do, I steamed a full head of cauliflower, used the hand held blender and mixed it with a tablespoon of butter, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Turned out really good. Will have to try your recipe one evening.
  • Debutante55
    Debutante55 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Mashed Cauliflower! :bigsmile:

I used one head of cauliflower, 1/4 cup of parmesean cheese, 1 tablespoon of light cream cheese, garlic, pepper, and a salt.

I use a similar cauliflower/cheese concoction to put on the top of Shepherd's Pie instead of mashed potatoes. When you make it with extra-lean ground beef and veggies, it's not too crazy-high in calories. The kiddies love it.
  • SayLiLIG
    SayLiLIG Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    bumping this until I can write it down!
  • NoleGirl0918
    NoleGirl0918 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    i've never tried that but it sounds yummy! i'll definitely have to try it soon. Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    bump
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish! How do the leftovers hold up?
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Yes, mashed cauliflower is brilliant! Parsnips are also good along those same lines.
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • CourtneyGetsFit_
    Options
    Bump
  • sylvabelle89
    sylvabelle89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    sounds good
  • Renegade408
    Options
    I just cut up the cauliflower and boiled it for about 10 minutes.... Drained it then dried it off with some paper towels then threw it right into the food processor hot. I couldn't believe that my kids ate it without one signal complaint...

Going to try the Shepard pie... That sounds good.
  • Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Going to try these variations - thanks!
  • mrykyldy2
    mrykyldy2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    The variation I make holds up for about 2 or 3 days. After that it's pretty much toast.
  • RawTriGal
    RawTriGal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    your recipe sounds great, too... will have to try that!
  • mmiller21
    mmiller21 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have also made this for my family and we love it soooooo good! :)
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I think I'm the only one who detests mashed cauliflower. LOVE cauliflower pizza, breadsticks, muffins, "tater" tots, roasted cauliflower, steamed cauliflower and raw cauliflower but can't eat more than a bite of mashed cauliflower. I even like mashed turnips or parsnips. I've tried several different preparations with no success and have resigned myself.
  • Renegade408
    Options
    Sounds delish! How do the leftovers hold up?

What leftovers??? :p

One head served four us, and I think we would have all had more if there would have been any leftovers. I would say it made 4 - 3/4 cup servings.
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    thanks, I have a cauliflower in the fridge waiting to be eaten, going to try this for sure!
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Thanks for posting!
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting!