Weight fluctuation

Options
I've noticed that at times I can fluctuate roughly 10 lbs but sometimes more. I'll weight myself 1 day and be 138 then two days later be 149. It freaks me out. I would LOVE to sustain 135, but at times I'm 150. How is that possible? It also makes losing weight really hard for me because I never know if I am or not. My clothes never fit that differently. I do have "fat days" where my clothes fit weird, but not 10-15lbs differently (I wouldn't fit in them at all)! I am an avid water drinker. Probably close to the 8 glasses a day. Could it just be water weight? 10-15 lbs difference?

Replies

• worchard
    worchard Posts: 30
    Options
    Water weight can be a huge difference. Try to cut down on the "peeking" at the scale very couple of days. Take one day a week to weigh in and wear the same type of clothes (or nothing at all) and probably best in the morning each time. This will take away the yo-yo feeling.
  • rrstucci
    rrstucci Posts: 5
    Options
    Would like to have a good answer for you but I am in the same boat. Normally up and down 5 to 6 lbs. Seems if I eat a bit off of normal weight goes up but must be water weight as it comes off in a few days. But I have been at a standstill for a few months now and it does get to you after a while.
  • Uysbee
    Uysbee Posts: 8
    Options
    My scale is buggy sometimes, I usually climb on it 3 times in a row to get a good read. Also weigh in the morning before you drink or eat anything, and do it el natural... If you wear things like jeans it def. effects your weight. I also noticed the more weight I loose the less I fluctuate, Calorie counting really helps, eating a similar amount of calories a day. Well helped for me... And yeah water retention and all that also makes a difference.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Do you track your sodium intake? I used to have the same problem until I reigned in my sodium, and I've noticed my weight does not fluctuate nearly as much!!
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    No, but I just changed one of my categories to sodium. Oh my! I was almost double on Wednesday. Could that be the water retention/weight fluctation?
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    No, but I just changed one of my categories to sodium. Oh my! I was almost double on Wednesday. Could that be the water retention/weight fluctation?

Could definitely be!! Sodium certainly makes you hold on to excess water. This is a new thing for me, too, watching sodium -- oatmeal has become my best friend.