Healthy Pregnancy Friends!

Options
Dexy_
Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
Hi there mfp'ers! I joined this site not long after I had my second baby to try and shift the kgs. I've lost a little since then, but just found out I'm pregnant again!

This time around I want to fight temptations, and gain a max of 15kg (not to 40-50kg I gained in each previous pregnancy).

I am looking for any motivational friends in general, but also other pregnant women so we can share strategies not to let those cravings take over!

Talk to you soon xx

Replies

• lopezgris
    Options
    Hi! So happy to have found your post. I just found out I'm pregnant (1st time) and am freaking out about gaining weight. I've been on MFP for 9 mths and had a 1200 calorie/day goal. I updated the goal to maintain my weight and that has increased my calories to 1950/day. It's so much harder to eat for a pregnancy than a strict diet though.

My first appt with my dr is still a couple weeks away. I'm going to get her feedback on my calories goals. I'm still overweight and worry about the health of the baby. But at least I had MFP to turn to, I can't imagine tracking food any other way.

best of luck!
  • 1DayMarathonRnner
    1DayMarathonRnner Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I took 3 tests yesterday....all came back positive. I am so happy but so nervous...
  • Gigglie_01
    Gigglie_01 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am in the same boat, I just found out i am pregnant with my 3rd however scared because I just lost all the weight but for my height it still says I am over weight. I meet with the dr in about 2.5 weeks and I am going to talk to her about continuing to count calories and what is safe. As of right now I am still losing but am also very sick with it. I have noticed that I am lagging in tracking all day, I start off right but fad away as the day goes by. It so good to know I am not the only one in this position
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm 14 wks with #3 and my goal is a healthy pregnancy as well. I've even added in some walks now that I'm feeling a little bit better. Feel free to add me if you would like to :)
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 28 weeks now and have only gained 20 lbs. I've been logging and exercising daily for the last several months. Feel free to add me if you like.

Also, if you ladies want, there's a great group of fellow pregnant ladies who are very supportive here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1903-fit-fabulous-pregnant
  • vlynes
    Options
    I am happy to have found this post. I am 36 years old and 10.5 weeks pregnant with my third. I was 23 with my first and gained 60 lbs, I was 29 with my second and gained 45 lbs. I recently lost 25 lbs thanks to MFP and my goal this time around is to not gain more than 25lbs. Due to my height, weight and age my dr. would like to see me gain only 15-20 pounds this time around (not sure if I can make that possible). Now that my morning sickness has past and food sounds appealing again, I am back on MFP and upped my calorie intake to try and maintain a healthy pregnancy weight. Please feel free to add me as I am in need of pregnant friends:)

My baby is due July 7th:)
  • MelsFitLife
    MelsFitLife Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies! I am 13 weeks today and although I am super excited about this pregnancy, I am so nervous about the weight gain. I had lost 26 lbs with MFP...i have gained about 13 lbs back because at 5'7 116 lbs was not acceptable. Not healthy looking at all. So I started putting some weight back on and felt better than ever. I have a son that is 13 years old. My husband adopted him when he was 8 and we are one happy family. My husband and I tried to conceive for over 3 years. We went through fertility and everything...nothing worked. I have alot of female problems. Well, last December due to repetitive cyst my doctor said we would have to remove my right ovary. So we did....then low and behold 8 months later, not trying, no fertility meds...we are pregnant!!!! We were floored...and so excited. We are going for an elective ultrasound on Dec 29th. I will be 15 weeks. We are hoping for a baby girl, but either is fine. So I started my pregnancy weight at 129 and I have gained 5 lbs at 13 weeks today. I would like to only gain 15-20 lbs and I want it to be healthy weight. I have not been tracking my food or eating healthy as I can because I have been sick and could only eat what I could hold down. Please add me and help me stay on track!!!!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies! I am 13 weeks today and although I am super excited about this pregnancy, I am so nervous about the weight gain. I had lost 26 lbs with MFP...i have gained about 13 lbs back because at 5'7 116 lbs was not acceptable. Not healthy looking at all. So I started putting some weight back on and felt better than ever. I have a son that is 13 years old. My husband adopted him when he was 8 and we are one happy family. My husband and I tried to conceive for over 3 years. We went through fertility and everything...nothing worked. I have alot of female problems. Well, last December due to repetitive cyst my doctor said we would have to remove my right ovary. So we did....then low and behold 8 months later, not trying, no fertility meds...we are pregnant!!!! We were floored...and so excited. We are going for an elective ultrasound on Dec 29th. I will be 15 weeks. We are hoping for a baby girl, but either is fine. So I started my pregnancy weight at 129 and I have gained 5 lbs at 13 weeks today. I would like to only gain 15-20 lbs and I want it to be healthy weight. I have not been tracking my food or eating healthy as I can because I have been sick and could only eat what I could hold down. Please add me and help me stay on track!!!!

Good luck to you!

I think your goal of 20 lb gain is too low given your current weight. For women who are already at a healthy BMI, you should expect a gain closer to 25-35 lbs, and that's totally healthy and normal. Most of that is baby, fluid, and placenta weight and will come off almost immediately after birth.

Here is a really good breakdown of where that weight comes from: http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/healthy-weight-gain

Try to refocus from the weight gain to being as healthy as possible with your eating habits and exercise regimen.
  • MelsFitLife
    MelsFitLife Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    No worries...I am only 13 weeks and already gained 5 lbs. I still have 6 more months to go I am sure I will hit the 25-30 lb mark easy...lol. Weight from the baby doesn't bother me, it's just eating right and controlling the excessive weight I am worried about. I gained 26lbs with my son, but I was 20 years old...I am now 32. Little more of a challenge. Thanks for adding me !
  • Anastacia1119
    Anastacia1119 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am 16 weeks with my first and am really nervous about gaining too much weight. So far I have only gained a pound. I had really bad morning sickness my first tri, so keeping anything down was hard! lol
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    Options
    Feel free to add me IM currently 15+2 with my 4th and I still exercise daily and iv currently gained 2lbs which I'm pleased with to say iv had no sickness!
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm glad I found this tread. I am 11w3d and I am also trying to keep a healthy weight during my pregnancy. I have gained about 3.5 pounds so far. I have been logging my food, but have not been eating the best foods. The only thing I seem to be able to stomach are carbs. I do try to get in some good protein too. I'm hoping that with my second trimester coming up, I'll be able to get back to a regular healthy diet and a moderate exercise routine. Please add me if you like. I would also like the motivation and encouragement from other women like me post pregnancy to help lose the weight! Congrats everyone!

Also, this is my first pregnancy, so I'm not really sure what to expect!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Glad I found you guys!! I'm 4 weeks pregnant with my 3rd. I've done the pregnancy thing, but watching what I eat while pregnant is all new to me! PLEASE add!
  • dennysweightloss
    Options
    I just found out I'm 4 weeks pregnant. Please add me don't know nothing about preganacy and want to make the best choices for my baby
  • LindseyWPFC
    Options
    can someone help me out, how do I make a post?
  • mzjessicab
    mzjessicab Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am 20 weeks pregnant and have gained 8 pounds, I guess that is about average. The main reason was because the first 3 months I was so sick, I am starting to feel better and having been eating the most delicious salads and luckily hve been stuck on oranges! LOL... Happy Pregnancies to all!
  • MarilynTC
    MarilynTC Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am 28 weeks along and have gained about 25 lbs so far. I know I over-indulged during the holidays, so I am using MFP to keep track and eat healthier for the duration.

I was on WW before I got pregnant and lost the baby weight from my first plus another 15 lbs. But, I did gain about 65 lbs during that pregnancy. Eating all the ice cream, nachos and fries you want will do that to you.

I am also not experiencing the foot swelling I did with my first - it was a brutally hot summer in 2010 and for the last trimester it hurt for me to walk much. I am still taking my dogs out for 45 minutes to an hour 5 times a week.
  • jlmyers820
    jlmyers820 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 24 weeks pregnant and have only put on about 11 lbs so far! I, too, over-indulged in the holidays! I started pre-pregnancy at 240lbs, about 20 lbs up from pre-pregnancy weight with baby #2. I have been on-off with MFP for almost 2 years (I think... time flies...) I kind of want to do the same as you, use MFP to track my calories for the remainder of my pregnancy. Obviously I'm not trying to lose weight at this time, but I don't want to gain much more. I wish MFP had a pregnancy button, where it would help you calculate your daily recommended caloric goal. (Right now my daily goal is set at 1510 cal/day, but that's aiming for a wt loss of 2lbs/week, NOT what I need lol) Good to know there is someone else with the same thoughts on how to use MFP during pregnancy as me!! :-)
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Im 28 weeks, about 26lbs up!!!! Too much but very happy. Im hoping to cap at 40lbs or less gain! Doctor says it will be ok, just more to lose after babyboy is here :)
  • belle10317
    belle10317 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I need more pregnancy friends! I am pregnant with #3 right now. I am now 21w and have gained 14 lbs. I gained SO much weight with my other 2 pregnancies that I am trying really hard this time to stay healthy and active. My goal is to gain 40 or under. I love working out by taking classes at our YMCA. I am usually a really good eater.....but these past few weeks of pregnancy cravings are really getting to me! I need some encouragement to keep adding those fruits and veggies instead of carbs. Thanks ladies! Add me as a friend please!