Calories needed vs losing weigh

Options
When using my fitness pal, do I need to eat LESS than what it tells me I need for daily calories in order to lose weight or do I need to eat AT LEAST the total amount it tells me?

Replies

• Rin2313
    Options
    The calorie amount that is indicated is what you should eat in order to lose weight.
  • FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You should be getting as close to your goal number as you possibly can without going over. I try to stay within 50 calories above or below.
  • littleraab
    littleraab Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It already figures in a calorie deficit, so you should be eating as close to the number of calories it gives you as possible. If you are exercising, you should at least eat back part of your exercise calories to promote a healthy metabolism.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I have heard a few things. I have heard that you shouldnt necessarily eat what you burn. Because what then, is the point of exercising to lose if you eat everything back? My net calories were still a little over 1200 before I worked out. Now since I had my exercise was in, I am in a deficit of 300. I am not necessarily going to eat all that because IM not sure that is going to help me.
  • xxvogue
    xxvogue Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have heard a few things. I have heard that you shouldnt necessarily eat what you burn. Because what then, is the point of exercising to lose if you eat everything back? My net calories were still a little over 1200 before I worked out. Now since I had my exercise was in, I am in a deficit of 300. I am not necessarily going to eat all that because IM not sure that is going to help me.

Well the deficit comes in that you need a lot more than 1500 calories period. I'm willing to bet your BMR is at least that. Now, whether you buy into eating your BMR or not is one thing, but I guarantee if you eat your exercise calories back you're still at a deficit.