New Start?!?! HELP

Options
So here I am again, at the start of another weight loss battle. As if the first time wasn't hard enough I let myself gain the weight back, nothing but myself to blame... :( oh well

So, now I want to lose the lbs. I've gained over the summer/Christmas and also gain some muscle.

I'm not really sure what to do, I'm not near any gyms so everything is outdoors and at home. I have workout dvds (all kinds) and I do have a weight bench with a few weights and dumbbells.

Today (Jan 7th) is my start date, I have done the JM BFBM dvd, and will do it again tomorrow and possibly mix it up with her NMTZ dvd every other day. But the weights, I have NO idea what to do, well I know duh LIFT...but how many times and reps??
I fell so dumb when it comes to a "plan" for my weight loss, I just want to lose it and be fit and happy and keep it off, I don't have a clue why I let myself stop, well yes. Laziness!!!

Anyone out there can give me some sort of idea, support, anything, but nothing negative please, I do know its my own fault and I'm well aware of it!! and I know I have a very hard few months ahead of myself to just get back to where I was and then some.

Replies

• Justkritter
    Justkritter Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi! I believe for weights its about starting light working with your form. Maybe a month dedicated into your form then slowly adding up weights thereafter since the idea most of the time is to lift the weight you want in good form. Most of the time short reps high weights is for strength training while med reps low/high weights maintenance then high reps low weights for a bit toning, etc.
  • emr0034
    emr0034 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am here to motivate and support you! Feel free to add me :)