Frozen Bananas-What would you do with them?

Options
Pearlyladybug
Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
Help!

I have 3 frozen bananas that i need to get rid of as we are soon to be moving house (i really don't want to waste them)

I need to make them into some thats

1, Gluten free
2, Low cal
3, Easy

Any suggestions??

Replies

• dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I hate bananas but toss em into a blender with some greek yogurt, protein powder, fresh fruit of any kind or some other gluten free alternative. I don't know many gluten free foods off hand but I am sure you can find alternatives of the ingredients I mentioned
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Do you have a good blender? You can make them into a smoothie or some people blend them to make mock ice cream. If not, well the only thing I've ever done with frozen bananas that doesn't involve a blender is dunk them in melted dark chocolate and eat them. It's a summer treat for us. :)
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Smoothies.
  • rpmtnbkr
    rpmtnbkr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    They also make great rose food! Seriously though you can break them up and add them to your protein shakes, smoothies etc.
  • pattiepaige
    Options
    You can mash them up with a fork and take a square of a hershey chocolate bar and break it up over the banana. (I use to do that until i bought a Yonana maker ) and it is like eating ice cream.
  • KarenLWalsh
    KarenLWalsh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Get a good dark chocolate bar and melt it
    Dip a half banana in the chocolate and roll in nuts
    Refreeze until hard
    Enjoy!!
  • ShaunaLaNee
    ShaunaLaNee Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I make smoothies with frozen bananas all the time....

Strawberry and bananas with milk
    Or PB and banana
  • glennam1
    glennam1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    thaw them out and make Gluten free Banana Bread
  • Daniloveshockey94
    Daniloveshockey94 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Get a good dark chocolate bar and melt it
    Dip a half banana in the chocolate and roll in nuts
    Refreeze until hard
    Enjoy!!

THIS!!
  • mollyrauh
    Options
    I am on the smoothie train. Frozen strawberries and then add OJ. Sometimes for kicks I will add a splash of milk or a bit of cranberry juice.
  • kannd86
    kannd86 Posts: 42
    Options
    I occasionally use frozen bananas in a smoothie of full-fat greek yogurt, whey protein powder (chocolate, or else add cocoa powder), and almond milk. It's not low-cal, but it's mighty tasty.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Banana pancake.....

2 eggs & 1 banana.... mash banana & mix it into eggs....cook. 200 cals easy done. No need for ANYTHING else in it.... no sugar, no other fruit, no flour....nothing but those 2 things. Will fill you up & taste perfect.

Ignore anyone who says to take the yolk out....or who says they taste like egg..... they taste like banana & nothing else..... they are doing it all wrong.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Ditto on smoothies. frozen bananas make it thick. 1. any kind of berry, one banana, any dairy you want (yogurt, milk, soy drink). 2.Pineapple with juice, banana, baby spinach. 3. Mango, banana, almond milk, ginger.

Make any gluten free recipe or mix and use the mashed banana as a substitute for whatever oil is called for...low fat treat.

That recipe on the forum for pancakes using a mashed banana and an egg....look it up on th search button. I put a tablespoon of dried peanut butter in with one egg and one mashed banana, cook in a non-stick skillet. add a bit of maple syrup..yum.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    obliterate in blender until they turn into soft serve ice cream!
  • mrsmark2010
    Options
    Banana upside down cake
    not gluten free, unless you can find a gluten free cake mix. French vanilla (or white or yellow) plus one can of diet soda mix in mixer.

1/2c brown sugar, little water to dissolve the sugar. put in bottom of 9x13 pan, warm in microwave for about a minute, just to dissolve the sugar.

3-4 bananas (frozen are fine) sliced and placed in sugar mixture. Top with cake mix, bake in 350degree oven, however long the box says to make.
  • sally414
    Options
    Agreed on smoothies or the banana soft serve!

Or you can thaw them and mash em up in some healthy muffins!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options

That recipe on the forum for pancakes using a mashed banana and an egg....look it up on th search button. I put a tablespoon of dried peanut butter in with one egg and one mashed banana, cook in a non-stick skillet. add a bit of maple syrup..yum.

Like I said, you do not need to add anything to it. 2 eggs, 1 banana. That's all that is needed. No sugar, no added calories at all. 200 cals & it DOES taste like banana.
  • the_stephinator
    the_stephinator Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Banana pancake.....

2 eggs & 1 banana.... mash banana & mix it into eggs....cook. 200 cals easy done. No need for ANYTHING else in it.... no sugar, no other fruit, no flour....nothing but those 2 things. Will fill you up & taste perfect.

Ignore anyone who says to take the yolk out....or who says they taste like egg..... they taste like banana & nothing else..... they are doing it all wrong.

Any suggestions for an egg substitute? I'm allergic to eggs. Maybe a flax "egg"?
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    hahahaha Am I the only perv out there that thinks the topic sounds a bit dirty?? ;)
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I do make a lot of smoothies but i usually use fresh banana so ill defiantly give frozen a try, and they would keep it cool without using ice!

I've also had the pancakes before as well but i found they cooked better when the bananas where not so ripe and only used 1 egg as i found they went a little too runny!

love love love the ice cream idea! i love my blender an am always looking for excuses to use it! do you add anything else to it maybe frozen berries as well? banana berry ice cream

and does anyone have a good recipe for gluten free banana bread?

:love: :love: :love: great ideas guys