Getting body ready to have a baby

I am a 34 and a newlywed. I am ready to change my life and have a baby but first things first losing weight. My husband isnt overweight but has about 15 lbs to lose. We are on MFP together and he is my exercise partner. I have support and motivation. Just wondering if anyone else has the same goals or reasons to lose weight. If they have any tips or ideas to make it fun?

Replies

• Ckayfaitel
    Ckayfaitel Posts: 4 Member
    Hi!

I am trying to get my body "baby ready" also. It sounds like you have some good support already through your husband, but if you'd like we can motivate each other here as well. I like reading the newsfeed and being aware of what exercise and food choices people are making. I started today and I already felt like it was easier knowing there were others on this website working hard at weight loss.

Chrissy
  • nomoremasa23
    nomoremasa23 Posts: 18 Member
    Hi Chrissy,

I heard about this site from my girlfriend who lost over 30 lbs! I want to start trying by end of summer to have a baby. I am already addicted to this app! I love to scan all the food and am motivated to exercise, its almost like working for your food!?

Good luck to you on this journey! Your honeymoon is around the corner!

We can do it!!! Stay focused :)
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    There's a book my daughter used called Real Food for Mother and Baby by Nina Planck. She had a healthy baby boy 8.5 lbs :-)
  • amymunn
    amymunn Posts: 115 Member
    I'm also getting baby ready! I've been gaining weight and losing weight (usually the unhealthy way) but now that i'm trying to get ready to house a baby, i'm doing it the healthy way and getting my body right!
    Feel free to add me. We can support eachother, but you do have a great advantage having your husband by your side! Mine is a STICK so he doesn't like to work out much but i'm working on him! i'll get him there :)
  • SiempreBella
    SiempreBella Posts: 125 Member
    Way to go. Your taking steps to be a great mom.
  • Ckayfaitel
    Ckayfaitel Posts: 4 Member
    YES! A lot of people I know have lost a lot of weight using this app. I hope we are as successful! I'll be cheering you on along the way. Keep me updated on your progress.

Chrissy
  • My boyfriend and I have decided that this is our year to start trying. So I share your goals. I have PCOS so getting pregnant to begin with may be difficult, so any weight loss is a step closer to making conception easier. Feel free to add me.