Newbie Mum with alot to Lose

Options
Hi,

I have 25 kilo's to lose and the thought is daunting! I dont even know where to begin! I know my weaknesses which is take away food for dinner as its easier than dealing with a baby and 2 dogs while trying to cook. Stupid thing is I still cook my son a healthy meal! I'm also surrounded by chocolate at work and we can eat it as we please. Not good!

I really need help please. I need to create healthy meals and a really tight budget that the whole family can eat.

All suggestions are very welcome

Replies

• hamer007
    hamer007 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I also just had a baby. I have started to eat healthier by trying to stick to calorie counting and healthy options and no junk. Chicken is lean and easy to cook many ways. Also for lunch try eggs or whole wheat bread with peanut butter (no butter). My major vice is coffee I used to drink triple triple, which is over 400 calories. That's more than my breakfast should be. So I just started cutting that down to a double double, and then will try with milk. Small things like that make a huge difference. Lots of veggies for snacks is good and cheap too! Hope this helps.
  • hollyferweda
    Options
    I had a baby 5 months ago and have also struggled with getting the weight off. If you are nursing, you shouldn't be skipping meals. You need to eat between 2000-2500 just for your milk supply. If you aren't nursing, I wouldn't recommend cutting out meals because your body can tell when you are fasting and will store what you eat to fat. The best way that works for me is to PLAN PLAN PLAN! I plan out my dinners for two weeks so I'm not tempted by just making whatever I can find. And I keep healthy snacks in the fridge at all times because I snack alll day long; greek yogurt, carrot sticks with hummus, apples with peanut butter, crackers with low-fat cheese...if you look it up there are great websites that have healthier options out there! If you need some support, feel free to friend me!
  • raynedancer1308
    raynedancer1308 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had twins 3/19/12 and am back to pre baby weight but want to lose 20lbs by the time they are 1 yr old! this was my third pregnancy and they were not good to me! Time to get back to healthy weight! I honestly have been watching for healthy things on Pinterest... things that will cover that "sweet" craving but are not that bad for me! Best off luck in your weight loss