A lot of weight to lose...

Options
Hello all, I am 22 years old and have about 75 to 80 pounds to lose. I was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat. I would love to have someone similar to me help me through my weight loss journey. I really need someone to talk to about diets, tips, and what not. My biggest fear is that I will not be able to lose the weight and will be stuck looking like this forever.

Replies

• fight_for_fit
    Options
    I wanted to lose about 95 lbs. I've lost 35 so far.
    I will be more than happy to be supportive in any way I can :)
  • GlamorxGhoul
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I need to lose over 150lbs. Obviously this is over time but I will definitely need and welcome support!
  • kevinrbarger
    kevinrbarger Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Totally in the same boat! I've got about 75 pounds more to lose. Feel free to add me!
  • candctaber
    Options
    One pound at a time!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • amili045
    Options
    You won't be!!! just stick to your guns. Accept that it'll take however long it takes and appreciate the small victories!!. I was once 227. im 200 now. I just joined up to lose the other 40lbs I intend to lose. Add me friend :)
  • Prindale
    Prindale Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi i want to loose weight too..around 50 lbs in the next 6 months. I have never realy lost weight. I love eating but i realise its time to take control of my body. I would love to talk with you and get tips from you as well
  • jenilei08
    jenilei08 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend ... I feel the same way but the past couple of weeks i have been doing good it really helps when you have a friend doing it with you ... my best friend lives 2 miles from me and we have been riding our bikes to meet in the middle then we go for an hour ride from there it has really seem to help me ..... we go early in the morning when the traffic isnt busy and its cooler... although she doesnt have much to lose she is still vary helpful by being there for me ....
  • CariBgood
    CariBgood Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My suggestion would be to treat every pound lost as a victory. What I am learning is that this is a journey and a little like an addiction recovery process. You have accepted that you have a problem.... now take it one day at a time. There will be set backs, it will be difficult. Don't give up, just get back on the horse. I had a major slack for the holidays, but this is a lifestyle change. The difference this time is that it didn't take until May to get back on the horse. Feel free to add me... I have over a hundred pounds to lose.
  • kwied90
    kwied90 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    im also 22...all together i want to lose 140. i have lost 46 so far. so 94 to go.. add me :-)
  • k8teySt3v3ns
    k8teySt3v3ns Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've jus started and have 100lbs to lose, add me too, would be good to have support with a similar goal!
  • dugankidz3
    dugankidz3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have about 65 pounds to lose and am just getting started as well! I think getting started is the worst part because it feels like it takes forever to see results and that can be discouraging. Right there with ya!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I am 22 years old and have about 75 to 80 pounds to lose. I was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat. I would love to have someone similar to me help me through my weight loss journey. I really need someone to talk to about diets, tips, and what not. My biggest fear is that I will not be able to lose the weight and will be stuck looking like this forever.

My advice (from someone who has lost more than you need to and still needs to lose it again ;-)) is break it down. 75lbs is such a big number and I can understand completely how overwhelming it is. When I first started at 301lbs my first goal was to lose 22lbs (I work in kg so 10kg) My UGW was just under 200lbs (90kg) When I got to 105kg I started to realise that my UGW wasn't good enough and that I wanted to keep going so have changed it to 70kg. I might change it again.

Just focus on the first 20lbs. Then the next 20lb. Log everything you eat, and start believing that this is not something you can fail at. As long as you're logging (the good and the bad) you're on your journey. Weight loss (and success in general) isn't linear. You don't fail when falling down. You fail when you don't get back up again.