What gets ya going?

Options
I am just new at this. I find with working all day and dinner...then ...excuse after excuse.
What just makes you get off the sofa and get your butt moving?
Yep, I am overweight, Yes, I have family health history, Yes, I want to look better and feel better about myself.
But "getting up and MOVING" is just hard.

Replies

• kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    u need motivation to get your *kitten* in gear! New outfit or new whatever or those jeans that just don't fit anymore.......
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    What gets me going? The sights and sounds of my husband getting dressed for a workout gets my rear end off the couch. I don't want to get left behind! If anybody anywhere I'm at is getting ready to go out for a hike, or to the gym or some other physical activity - especially if it's going to be outdoors, I'm up and getting my shoes on. I hate the idea that I'm sitting around doing nothing, while other people are out there moving their bodies...

ETA: I have my husband (and others) to help motivate me, but I don't know your situation. Maybe try signing up for a class or exercise group - something to keep you on a schedule, accountable, and motivated to go... I used to love my yoga class. Just make sure it's a dedicated schedule with no opt outs or excuses...
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Assuming you mean motivation to work out... I work from home so my motivation is to get out of the house and socialize with women that share my goals. When I worked in the office, I stayed on track by scheduling my workout routine right after work (no going home first). Either you wait for me to get home and cook, or you make your own dinner.
  • anfernyy
    Options
    need motivation? youtube motivational videos. done. its all about how bad you really want sick body youve been dreaming about
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Knowing how I feel after I'm done is enough to get my *kitten* off the couch/out of bed.

It's true, you'll never regret a workout. You'll only regret not getting it done.

All the best!
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    you have to make eating healthy and exercise a habit. you have to make yourself do something everyday. got for a walk around the block. and make it a point to do that everyday. and go from there..
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I am just new at this. I find with working all day and dinner...then ...excuse after excuse.
    What just makes you get off the sofa and get your butt moving?
    Yep, I am overweight, Yes, I have family health history, Yes, I want to look better and feel better about myself.
    But "getting up and MOVING" is just hard.

I exercise/go to the gym first thing in the morning. I get up about 2.5/3hours before work so that I have plenty of time.
    I have everything packed and ready to go the night before.

I also keep caffeine pills next to the bed with a glass of water - especially handy on dark mornings and easier than making a coffee.

During the cooler months I have been known to go to bed wearing the (clean!) gym gear so I am literally up, grab my packed bag and out the door before I am properly awake.

When I have time I will ditch the car and walk wherever I need to go instead.
  • pattycakes10117
    pattycakes10117 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i HAVE PRINTED THIS ADVISE AND IT IS RIGHT BY ME AT MY DESK AT WORK. THANK YOU.:flowerforyou:
  • pattycakes10117
    Options
    THANK YOU FOR ALL THE ADVISE. NOW TO GET UP AND GET GOING!!!!!!!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • pattycakes10117
    Options
    you have to make eating healthy and exercise a habit. you have to make yourself do something everyday. got for a walk around the block. and make it a point to do that everyday. and go from there..