Just Dance 3 as an exercise routine?

Options
I just finished doing 65mins of Just Dance 3 and as I am wringing out the sweat in my hair I am wondering if anyone has used this game as a way to tone or lose weight? if so, what were your results? I am playing this game on days that I don't get to go to the gym and workout. i dance until I reach the 3000 sweat point mark. =)

Replies

• CeeRawr89
    CeeRawr89 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I do the free sweat, and do as many songs as I can. Calculated the calories, and burned more than I ate in a day, so I upped my caloric intake and ate back my burned off calories to get a good deficit. No big results yet, but I don't do it every day.

I LOVE Just dance 3. It's my favorite way to work out
  • danapenguin
    danapenguin Posts: 161
    Options
    Its mine to. i hate going to a gym because I feel like, oh gosh I am working out! but when i play just dance, i don't feel like i am working out, im just having fun and sweating alot!! lol
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I have been known to play Just Dance instead of going to the gym. Sure is a lot more fun than a treadmill and probably a better workout because I hate the treadmill so I don't use it for as long or get near as sweaty.
  • tcrawlv
    tcrawlv Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, how can you see if you reaced 3000 points?
  • IAmSoNotFit
    IAmSoNotFit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Okay guys, I've been putting off buying it, but you've convinced me.
    Just ordered it!
  • hmcharg
    hmcharg Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing but with Dance Central 3 on the Kinnect for Xbox. It has an awesome fitness mode and it tons of fun.
  • teacherbell
    teacherbell Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I do JD3 on my rest from running days too! I love it! I started looking into JD4 and the reviews say that game calculates extra calories instead of sweat points. I see Target has it on sale this week and I'm considering getting it. LOVE that I can have fun with my family while also playing the game (I'm determined to have all the high scores on each song) AND workout!
  • Junebug3078
    Junebug3078 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do this a lot too, how are you calculating it into calories burned? do you wear a HRM?
  • RangerJess
    Options
    JD3 just arrived for me! I can't wait to try it tomorrow morning!
  • bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    the best exercise is the one you will do.... I think this is a great way to burn calories. If you are looking to get ripped, or get the hard body like you see the lifters get, you should not rely just on this. But, if you are just looking to burn some calories, and want to have fun doing it, this is great.

My wife and I do Dance Central 2 with the Kinect (well, when she is in the mood to exercise, this is what we do together. otherwise I'm in the garage doing more of a body weight thing).