Just curious..gym question

Options
I have been wondering...when you see someone at the gym who is covered in sweat, what do you think? I will admit that I sweat quite a bit and am always pretty paranoid about it. I definitely push myself no matter what I am doing and my sweat can prove it! I have just always wondered what people thought when they see that. Silly and stupid, I know! lol

Replies

• Seahawk27
    Options
    I think "They just KILLED their workout, good for them!!!" ;)
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I think..."Wow, there's a lot of sweat" and that's about it!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    towelie-flickr-deanne1271.jpg
  • hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    If its a girl... I think "kick *kitten* she just had a good workout" if its a boy i think "meathead" LMAO
  • breeanreyes
    breeanreyes Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I always think "I had better sweat at least that much before I leave!"
  • kiane50
    kiane50 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Makes perfect sense lol
  • grantsmommy
    grantsmommy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I feel a little better now. lol I'm now thinking that I shouldn't worry so much.... thanks! : )
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I think "man, I wish I could sweat that much from my workout!!"
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i always want to fist bump other heavy sweaters i see in the gym who just killed it in a workout.

so i'm thinking "RIGHT ON!"
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I don't think about other people at the gym.

That is why i feel no shame when curling in the squat rack
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options

^^ this^^
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I sweat heavily at the gym, its a little ridiculous. By the time I'm 30mins into my routine I'm dripping on everything. But most times I bring a towel (and if I don't I grab a bunch of those wipes and keep them handy). I really really do try to clean up after myself, I can only imagine how much others hate it.

I hope people think I killed it! Not "eww lookit that sweaty fat guy try to work out how gross" which is probably what people actually think. :wink:
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Usually when I see fat sweaty guys at the gym I am thinking, "Good for them, they are trying to change."
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Don't ever care. Except this girl today was wearing light gray pants and she had the worse swass I've seen...right up the crack and that was it. Do yourself a favor - no light colored work out pants!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I'm fine with it if they have a towel and clean up after themselves.. I think to myself....please wipe down your equipment and don't come too close to me. And overall...if it is out of hand sweating..it is gross. that is just how i honestly feel. don't kill me.
  • AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Remember, sweat is fat crying....the more sweat the BETTER!!! :)
  • Rtossas
    Rtossas Posts: 29
    Options
    I think that isn't sweat that's the body crying!!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    DITTO!!!

I sweat heavily at the gym to the point that my hair & clothes are dripping to the floor. I only go there to lift weights coz I do my cardio at home or swimming pool.

One weird thing I notice is that whenever I'm in the locker room and see other women entering and chit chatting with one another, I couldn't see any signs of a partially wet garments or any signs that they sweat despite that they have just finished their body combat or zumba classes.
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I also sweat a lot when I get off the elliptical after 60 min run. There is nothing I (or anyone else) can do about it. One thing I always clean up behind myself, including the steps. I absolutely hate when people get off the machines, leaving them wet and nasty.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    ^ To be fair though, many people don't sweat a lot. I'm one of those people. My shirt never gets soaked even if I have a great workout.