What do you like to spread on your bread?

Options
WAnnB
WAnnB Posts: 65 Member
Cream cheese is my favorite. Toast, whipped cream cheese, with a slice of ham or fruit. (blackberries, blueberries, sliced strawberries)

Replies

• srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's or Whole Foods Raw almond butter! nom nom nom!
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    butter
  • marinegirl92
    marinegirl92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have a dairy allergy and just saw this as a suggestion... instead of cream cheese (which I used to love) substitute hummus. I did that this weekend and it worked awesome!
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    A runny poached egg! Delish
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Nutella!
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    A hot man.

What?
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Butter and jam. It's one of the only foods I really have to avoid. Nutella is pretty good too.

As for healthier yummy options, nut butters, mashed avocado, baba ghanoush, hummus, cream cheese, banana.
  • WAnnB
    WAnnB Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have a dairy allergy and just saw this as a suggestion... instead of cream cheese (which I used to love) substitute hummus. I did that this weekend and it worked awesome!

I've had this before and enjoyed it.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    jelly
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I really like vegan sunflower sour cream on mine, as well as orange marmalade and apple or pumpkin butter.

recipe for vegan sunflower sour cream
    (obtained from vegweb, http://vegweb.com/recipes/sunflower-seed-sour-cream )

1 cup (raw) sunflower seeds
    1 cup water
    4 tablespoons lemon juice
    1 clove of garlic pressed
    3/4 tsp onion powder
    3/4 tsp salt

Directions:

1. Place ingredients in blender/food processor and whiz until smooth.
    2. If consistency is thick, add a bit more water (or lemon juice if more zing is needed). Adjust seasoning, to taste.
    Great for baked potatoes, haystacks etc. Use leftovers for a base for sandwich spreads by adding cooked carrots, cooked beans, avocado, etc.
  • megziejo
    megziejo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Almond butter! Yum!
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Avocado.
  • rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I can't even keep bread in my house, because I will eat way too much of it. I like it with local, natural jam/preserves and butter. I also like it with melted cheese and marinara sauce, like "pizza toast." (And I'm lactose-intolerant, so all of these are BAD.) Or an egg sunny-side up with some Sriracha sauce. Or just some deli turkey and mustard. I love toast! But bagels are even worse . . . So I only ever buy bread if I'm having people over for dinner and want rolls or something to go with the meal.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    A hot man.

What?

Can I have mine without the bread?
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Tahini and fresh fruit nom nom!
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    A hot man.

What?

But that would spoil the manwich :(
  • Shellsmiley
    Shellsmiley Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Organic Peanut Butter (Or Adams if I don't have my Organic), Strawberry Jam, LOVE CREAM CHEESE (but rarely eat it - it's more a bagel thing for me), and i like my Toasted Mayo and Tomato sandwiches. Oh and Tuna sandwiches and soup... Yum,

Oh and if it's the Piccolo Roasted Red Pepper bread, then Tzatziki or Hummus!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    A hot man.

What?

But that would spoil the manwich :(

We can cut the carbs in half by making it an open-faced manwich.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter
  • shanmackie
    shanmackie Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    on sandwiches, i usually eat dry although lately i've tried avocado, guacamole, and veganaise. peanut butter & almond butter is good too as well as ricemallow. i also like preserves; none of that disgusting jelly crap. and of course biscoff spread.