Any suggestions for a butter substitute?

Options
13»

Replies

• DOMTIA1012
    DOMTIA1012 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    yes I was using it mostly for non stick purposes.... I will have to look into that pan.:smile:
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Try Parkay spray butter...0 Calories and 0 fat...and it tastes pretty good!!!

If the first ingredient is OIL, how can it really have 0 calories? It has 4 calories for every 5 sprays... just gotta pay attention to those labels. ;)
  • SandiNature
    Options
    As others have stated. Organic Coconut Oil (Not heated, bleached, or refined-- all the benefits are removed - such as nutrients, medium essential fatty acids).

Please do not use any butter substitutes. The chemicals in these substitutes are counter-productive/unhealthy. Incidentally, if you buy only one organic product, make it butter. Unfortunately, butter has the worst reputation for pesticides. So make it organic. Your body will thank you for it.

Best of luck to you.
  • 2013james
    Options
    Yeah, I always fry my eggs in avocado...........

Grow up. Butter is used for many things other than frying. The broad subject of the thread was "butter substitutes" while the focus may be frying that doesn't exclude the discussions of other uses.

I apologise for offending your myopic mind.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I agree with those that said that Margarine is just not an acceptable substitute.

There is just no reason for that garbage. Ick. Use cooking spray, olive oil or butter. None of that fake stuff.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Butter! Read the ingredients on anything else and you'll come back to the butter. A teaspoon of butter is more than enough to fry eggs, a piece of meat, etc.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I have actually been using Pam Olive Oil now...I like how they have switched from only veggie oil and made several flavors available. The Pam Olive Oil worked great with me frying the eggs up in cast iron (low iron runs in the family so cook with cast iron as much as possible).
  • marisac30
    Options
    Try a little bit of olive oil.
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I think butter is actually better than substitutes I use virgin olive oil also. Better to use a smaller amount of butter and avoid the artificial spreads, etc.. Google and you will see many reasons why butter or olive oil are better options :)
  • chrissymcmurray
    Options
    I think butter is actually better than substitutes I use virgin olive oil also. Better to use a smaller amount of butter and avoid the artificial spreads, etc.. Google and you will see many reasons why butter or olive oil are better options :)

Agreed!
  • 2getgeorge
    2getgeorge Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    What is the best sub for butter? I mostly use it to cook up my eggs.
    Bacon grease....:drinker:

love it!
  • kapoorpk
    kapoorpk Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Canola oil for cooking and Olivio or other olive oil based spreads. Almost zero saturated fats and high in Omega 3s and good fats.
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    What is the best sub for butter? I mostly use it to cook up my eggs.
    Bacon grease....:drinker:
    laughed so hard.. cheers
  • chefphil321
    Options
    EVOO would be a good thing for putting in pans when frying.

When something calls for oil in baking bread, you can use applesauce.