New Beginnings- In need of support

Options
I’m 34 years old and today I’ve decided to change my relationship with food and the way I think of life. I have a terrible genetic pool, my father, his father and many of my family members did not get to enjoy their lives passed the age of 50. They all suffered an array of obesity-induced diseases.

Since I was very young it was instill in my brain that I would suffer the same fate, and even though my reasoning indicated the contrary, all my actions have unconsciously pursued the same path followed by my other family members. For the sake of my children and my own well-being I’m committed to set an example and break the cycle.

Replies

• diane1125
    Options
    Hi I am new also been here about a week and have lost 5 lbs so far. I am 56 and my family also has weight issues although they all seem to live long lives. I just want the body I had when I was in my 30. So here I go have tried several other ways to lose this weight but and so determined to get it off before I am 60 which is in 3 years my birthday is next month.
  • cnateb
    cnateb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Obesity is dangerous, a huge risk factor. One of the reasons I wanted to get serious now is that the changes we make to our lives while in our thirties will drastically affect our quality of life in 40's, 50's, 60's, etc. My dad is healthy and fit and still active at almost 70. My mother is the same age and is on oxygen and can barely get around. No one is invincible, but I would rather be able to play with my grandkids than not. I'm fighting with two huge risk factors also (obesity and smoking). Good luck!
  • lexirelis
    Options
    I also smoked for 13 years, tomorrow (01/09/2013) I celebrate my daughter's bday and my 2nd year smoke free. Good luck to you too!!!