Needing ideas and tips!

I am going to be in a wedding in April, and all of the other girls are of course tall and thin! Well, I embrace my vertically challenged and horizontally blessed body, however I am trying to get in better shape in general. I would really like to get some ideas on different exercises and recipes or really anything to help me get back into things. I've been dealing with stress and sickness for the last few months so now that I'm back to somewhat normal I would like to hit this thing head on!

Replies

• tammyclinch
    tammyclinch Posts: 103 Member
    Love yourself for who u are:love:
    Then try Low carbing and strength toning
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    You have 3 and a half months. Eat well and in a calorie deficit and do a sensible workout program. You will reach April feeling better than ever.
  • Back2Biz
    Back2Biz Posts: 67 Member
    Try going Vegetarian for 30 days and commiting to at least 30 minutes of walking everyday. It's a short time period so not too daunting but a great way to jump start a healthy lifestyle and habits. If you can't do Vegetarian then try REALLY hard to drastically lower your Carbs and focus on Veggies and Lean protiens (tofu, tuna, salmon, chicken breast - no thighs or wings!). Fruits and fruit juices will kill your diet - be mindful of what you drink. :0) Good luck to you - I'm sure you will be BEAUTIFUL at the wedding no matter what! If you FEEL sexy, you ARE sexy!! LOL
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    "Low carbing and strength toning" :laugh:

Best thing I've read all day
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    You have 3 and a half months. Eat well and in a calorie deficit and do a sensible workout program. You will reach April feeling better than ever.

^^this
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Love yourself for who u are:love:
    Then try Low carbing and strength toning
    No.

A. No such thing as "toning".
    B. Carbohydrates do not impede fat loss, at all.

Like Taso said, maintain a calorie deficit and add a sensible workout program into your daily life. That's all it takes.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Strength toning and healthy fats for long lean muscle. It's in the Bible.
  • sjohnny
    Try going Vegetarian for 30 days and commiting to at least 30 minutes of walking everyday. It's a short time period so not too daunting but a great way to jump start a healthy lifestyle and habits. If you can't do Vegetarian then try REALLY hard to drastically lower your Carbs and focus on Veggies and Lean protiens (tofu, tuna, salmon, chicken breast - no thighs or wings!). Fruits and fruit juices will kill your diet - be mindful of what you drink. :0) Good luck to you - I'm sure you will be BEAUTIFUL at the wedding no matter what! If you FEEL sexy, you ARE sexy!! LOL

Even better, go vegetarian for 30 days and then paleo for a week and then do a Master Cleanse. Then sprinkle raspberry ketones on your green bean coffee and only eat the right side filet of Pacific salmon. It's the only way.
  • sjohnny

But seriously. This is the right answer.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Thanks everyone for the funny jokes and laughs!! Love it!
    To the OP, mfp gives you tools to eat at a calorie deficit so you are in the right place.. But most of all remember that you are beautiful now! Love your curves and be proud :). The most beautiful bridesmaids are the ones who walk down the isle with confidence.
  • reneeramirez4christ
    reneeramirez4christ Posts: 112 Member
    Thanks everyone!!!! Really appreciate it!!!
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    The biggest thing that helped me lose 51lbs in the past 3 months is making food from www.skinnytaste.com. You can find recipes that are really balanced as far as fat/protein/carbs and they are delicious too! I make recipes from this site at least 2-3 times a week. Having delicious, healthy food to eat every day really makes a HUGE difference in sticking to this new lifestyle.
  • zandria1
    zandria1 Posts: 22 Member
    Hey, oky here is something I did to lose weight quickly without putting it back on. I ate only papaya for a week long I lost like 4kg that week. I was never hungry because I ate a lot of it and papaya is very low on calories so I was in a calorie deficit the whole time. Remember the more you have to lose the faster you'll lose it. Stay away from things like chips and candies and margarine and milk and bread products. Baked goods have yeast in them, yeast will still rise while in your tummy wich is dangerous for you and very hard on your metabolism. Next get green tea pills, they detox you and will make you super thirsty so you will start drinking a lot of water wich is always good and shakes off water retention, I lost 2 kg from that, but put it back on when I stopped drinking the pills and drinking those large amounts of water. Get kayenne pepper pills, they speed up your metabolism. There are a lot of other tips I can give you, so please feel free to ask, and remember you are beautiful. So please be forgiving on yourself and love yourself.