Workout tips?

Options
Hi, I haven't had exercised for a while now. Like for 4 months, unless I do a bit of random exercising such as a few crunches. What would be the best exercises to get me back into exercising?. Not like super hard workouts,more like something that I can build on as I go. Any tips would be greatly apprecianted. Thanks

Replies

• Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Pilates or Flexibar.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Whichever exercise you like doing, that will be the easiest to adhere to.

As for how to get yourself into it, just start of with low intensity/speed/weight or whatever and gradually increase :)
  • terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I was in the same place. I started by doing easy calisthenics at every commerccial. Have been working my way up to harder. Added gym work on a recumbent bike and weights and last week added one day a week of swim aerobics. Start with 5 to 10 of each it wont take long til you are wanting to do more and more.
  • skinnyplease1001
    skinnyplease1001 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Pilates or Flexibar.

What is Flexibar?
  • skinnyplease1001
    Options
    I was in the same place. I started by doing easy calisthenics at every commerccial. Have been working my way up to harder. Added gym work on a recumbent bike and weights and last week added one day a week of swim aerobics. Start with 5 to 10 of each it wont take long til you are wanting to do more and more.

Thanks, I will try to stick to that. xx
  • skinnyplease1001
    Options
    Whichever exercise you like doing, that will be the easiest to adhere to.

As for how to get yourself into it, just start of with low intensity/speed/weight or whatever and gradually increase :)

That sounds easy enough, now if I could just manage to not be too lazy for once. :D
  • ardnajelatr
    ardnajelatr Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have always been bad at exercising. I do it for two or three days then stop. I finally found something that I like and have continued to do: ZUMBA, I guess it's because I like dancing. I also started 30 Day Shred and liked it too. I guess you have to try several things at first until you find what you like and are more comfortable with.