Options

Replies

• gymbunny9999
    Options
    sweat is good, I never sweat so I am jealous
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I get motivated to pick it up, I don't like being the weak one in the group so I feel the need to at least match up sweating
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    ^ To be fair though, many people don't sweat a lot. I'm one of those people. My shirt never gets soaked even if I have a great workout.
    I think it depends more where you live. In my case, I'm in a tropical country so we do not have any cold season unlike in most countries. Though I read in an article before that said women (not everyone of course) generally have fewer sweat glands than men. Not sure about this though.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I think nothing of a sweaty person, and find it odd when people dont sweat. What is the point of going to work out if you aren't going to work hard enough to sweat? They can't be burning that many calories if they dont break a sweat.

Today I ran the track at the ymca. Lately i've been running outdoors and the weather was in the 20's/30's (F) and I guess I got used to the cold cuz at the y I felt like the heat was blasting. I got so hot and sweaty. I'm Irish/English/Scottish/German, in other words, I'm PALE and pink. And I turn red really easily. By the time I finished I was sweaty, yes, but I was also beet red. A lot of people were looking at me like I would keel over any second.
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know more about these people that don't sweat. I sweat alot, but I have a good amount of body fat and I think I've always been that way. I drink a lot of water. Hydration in, sweat out.

Are there really people who do a hard workout and don't sweat? I mean really hard... can barely stand up afterwards or you have to take 3+ mins to calm your heart down. And still no sweat, really? If I do that I'm soaked. To me that's like some kind of genetic miracle to not sweat, I'd like to know how that works. =)
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering...when you see someone at the gym who is covered in sweat, what do you think?

They have done a good workout. :happy:

That'll be me in 30mins. Go hard or go home!
    :tongue:
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I'd like to know more about these people that don't sweat. I sweat alot, but I have a good amount of body fat and I think I've always been that way. I drink a lot of water. Hydration in, sweat out.

Are there really people who do a hard workout and don't sweat? I mean really hard... can barely stand up afterwards or you have to take 3+ mins to calm your heart down. And still no sweat, really? If I do that I'm soaked. To me that's like some kind of genetic miracle to not sweat, I'd like to know how that works. =)
    Me too. I'm under 20% body fat but I still sweat a lot to the point that my clothes and hair are dripping.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

I hardly sweat even if I am killing it hard... didnt even sweat much when I was in basic training. Some people just don't sweat. I also grew up in phoenix and because of the dry air you dont sweat as much and I think my body has just adjusted to it.
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Yeah I grew up in colder climates so maybe that's it. Not used to the southern heat. =)
  • AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I dont sweat loads. Im very large as well, but I am a face sweater, lol, so whilst my shirt is damp, I am not dripping..well...except from my face, lol
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I think, "Man, they're working hard! Good for them." Unless they're flinging it on me while they work out (which has happened); that involves an entirely different set of thoughts...
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't notice, i'm not there to perve, im there to make my own sweat. :)
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    There is a man I sometimes see at my gym who sweats SO MUCH. I always look at him and think wow he sweats alot. But not in a horrible way. Just an observation. Everyone is sweating all over the place at the gym!!
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I think "man, I wish I could sweat that much from my workout!!"

I always think the same, I hardly sweat and worry that i am not doing enough.
  • sheripoynter
    Options
    i LOVE seeing other people sweaty in my gym - usually me and my boyfriend are the only 2 who aren't just sitting on the machines texting/sitting on the bikes reading!

ETA: only noticing the people because they're usually on the piece of equipment i need just sitting there, and don't respond when i ask how many sets they have left :(
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Depends who it is.........there is one particular lady who attends my gym of which I think "hnnnnnnnng I would like to lick that off you".
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    WOW! He's working out great!

I too sweat a lot, but usually don't drip, my clothes change colour though ;-)
    I say to myself: "whoever looks at me and thinks it's disgusting, had better work out some more. After all I worked out as much, that you can see that I did something! "
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I sweat, but not a ton.

Like yesterday I ran for 25 minutes on a track, and cooled down for 5 by walking... and my shirt was damp under the arms, and my face was red but that was the extent of my sweating.
  • lornaloo3
    lornaloo3 Posts: 102
    Options
    Mostly pleased for you and a little bit hoping you wipe down your machine thoroughly after. I can't tell you how skeevy it is to be next to someone who is literally dripped sweat on the controls and then walks away without cleaning the machine. At my gym we have people who come around a few times a day and wipe all the machines so it's not REQUIRED that you wipe down your machine, but if you're sweating like that it's just common courtesy in my opinon. I wipe down cardio equipment no matter what.

My gym has more than one of those people who workout in like space suits to sweat more. I get super concerned for one of them. Dude in a silver suit who routinely turns puce. I wish they'd stop letting people wear those things at the gym. They regulate jeans, but I don't care if some little old man comes in to the gym in his jeans and pedals on the stationary for twenty minutes... the space suits though those legitimately alarm me... I don't even see the purpose -- because it's not like they're weighing in somewhere. They wear this stuff every time they come, three days a week.
  • PollyWolly98
    Options
    I'm much more self-conscious about how red my face gets than how much sweat I drip. My husband barely sweats at all and I will be dripping, no fair! So I don't judge people one way or the other based upon how sweaty they are, but rather on how hard they seem to be working.

And I have never seen anyone in a silver space suit at the gym.