Heavy Lifting??? How to...

Options
Hey everyone,

Well I have always been interested in toning. I typically am more of a cardio girl but I think its time I look into toning but there's one problem I have no idea on any of this. Help! Tips, books, DVDs, how tos...I'll take whatever you can give me.

Replies

• Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    If you're looking at heavy lifting, a good place to start is stronglifts.com They have a program which works you up from being a complete beginner to developing your core and building functional real world strength. You can get the program for free, and there are quite a number of people on here who swear by it.
  • the_crazy_ninja
    Options
    Lift things up...put them down...repeat!

If things are too light....use heavier ones...thats it!
  • forest0spirit555
    forest0spirit555 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    If you're looking at heavy lifting, a good place to start is stronglifts.com They have a program which works you up from being a complete beginner to developing your core and building functional real world strength. You can get the program for free, and there are quite a number of people on here who swear by it.

Cool! Thanks so much!
  • forest0spirit555
    Options
    Lift things up...put them down...repeat!

If things are too light....use heavier ones...thats it!

Haha seems simple enough! ;)
  • the_crazy_ninja
    Options
    It is :)
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Buy and read The New Rules of Lifting for Women. Lots of the heavy lifter on this site swear by that book and there's even a group on here with that name. I've read it and am about to start in the gym this week. Good luck!
  • kiwilaurie
    kiwilaurie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Trouble is - there are SO many things you can lift up and put down. How do you know which ones you should be? If I were to lift up and put everything down at my gym, I'd be there all day. :)
  • the_crazy_ninja
    Options
    Well...if you are Laurie....you would be tired and bored soon :)
  • forest0spirit555
    Options
    Buy and read The New Rules of Lifting for Women. Lots of the heavy lifter on this site swear by that book and there's even a group on here with that name. I've read it and am about to start in the gym this week. Good luck!

Thanks so much! I did notice that group as well. I will definitely look into it