Nightshift Blues

Options
I have found it very hard to diet and exercise properly working on night shift. Any tips? :smile:

Replies

• tamihull
    Options
    I also work night shift and just decided its time to get serious about this. Some tips I have gotten from people I work with is to make sure you pack your lunch and pack enough healthy snacks to keep yourself satisfied. Drink lots of water and move around as much as possible during your shift. My biggest challenge has been figuring out what meal to count when... lol :) Feel free to add me.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I have found it very hard to diet and exercise properly working on night shift. Any tips? :smile:
    What are you finding difficult? The nightshirt is just a different time. If anything, the only change you might make is to you workout. I personally find working out after I get off (in the morning) to be problematic.
  • dor91
    dor91 Posts: 3
    Options
    I work graves also in a processing plant, I walk around the outside of plant twice a trip at a fast clip. It takes me about 5 to 6 minutes a trip so it is a 10 to 12 minute walk. Do that two or three times a night and you got your exercise in
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I just do everything the same as I would do during the day... Workout before or after work, walk around during work or get up and do squats or something of the like every hour or so... pack a lunch since no where healthy is open..
  • northernurse
    Options
    Wish I could offer some advice. I also work nights, 12 hr shifts, so find it very difficult to squeeze in any exercise. I barely have enough time to pack a lunch never mind work out. one thing I have started to do is plan ahead. make meals for two or three days, include healthy snacks, i like mini baby carrots and cucumber slices. but mix it up too so you don't get bored. If anyone else has some great tips I too would love to hear them.