Best time to weigh

Options
Morning All,

So, had my weekly weigh in yesterday, however sitting here wondering when is the best time to weigh? first thing in the morning when you wake up or after your morning BM or after breakfast??

Steve

Replies

• susannahsutton1
    Options
    Not sure it matters as long as you do it the same time/same conditions each time you weigh yourself?
  • sophia_uk
    sophia_uk Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I do it first thing in the morning, before breakfast. This is best as water weight will usually have shifted.
  • JoeyliciousB
    JoeyliciousB Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh first thing in the morning too but yes, do it the same time/same conditions each time you weigh yourself.
  • RoseThePenguin
    RoseThePenguin Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Every Friday before breakfast.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I always weigh 1st thing in the morning after the toilet and before the kitchen.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    wake up, pee, get naked, weigh. Then COFFEE!
  • mathildapops
    mathildapops Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yep I usually weigh 1st thing in the morning, after toilet & before kitchen, usually on a Friday so I have plenty of time to shed the previous weekends excesses :tongue:
  • starryskies_16
    starryskies_16 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I do the same as many others, first thing in the morning before breakfast but after a bathroom visit!
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    wake up, pee, get naked, weigh. Then COFFEE!

^^^ this.
    Edit-- to say then more COFFEE.
  • pookimonkey
    Options
    before breakfast, but not every day!
  • stacey2525
    stacey2525 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm every day I need to stop that habit
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    In the morning on an empty stomach and be consistent for accuracy (same place, same scale, same time, etc)
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Due to my scales breaking down, before breakfast on a Friday is no longer an option. So I do it when I get to work after breakfast/coffee. Not quite as good but it's consistent.
  • fIashforward
    fIashforward Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Out of bed. Have a slash. Whip the clothes off. On the scale. Have a shower. :)