Iowa people speak out!!!

Options
Looking for some healthy thinking Iowa people.

Replies

• naicf2013
    naicf2013 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm from Danville Iowa - been in NC for 18 years now. I just joined this site last Friday and am so motivated! That doesn't happen often, so I think I can do it this time. Feel free to add me if you'd like to share motivation!
  • roadtripper23
    Options
    I'm in Newton, and I'm on my last 20 lbs after getting rid of 60 over the past 1 1/2 years. We can motivate each other.
  • frog8381
    frog8381 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm in the DSM area. Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • maskdfarm
    maskdfarm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am from the Sioux City area. Lost my way the last couple of months on WW. I am back on track but using MFP instead of WW. Feel free to add me if you want also.
  • creimer08
    creimer08 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm from the Dubuque Area and I just signed up today :) In the last two weeks before signing up I have lost 16lbs! I am excited to get healthy and feel better. I am hoping to be in much better shape so that this summer's activities won't be as tiring. I'm excited for hiking, horseback riding, and canoeing.
  • Tlink34
    Tlink34 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am just right across the river in La Harpe, IL
  • whitleynoel
    whitleynoel Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Iowa here too!
  • roadtripper23
    Options
    Hello Iowa people, I live in Newton. My challenge this year has been learning to love all the seasons and walking outside even when it's only 15 degrees. In this past year + I have lost 60 lbs and I'm working on my final 20. Let's all help each other reach our goals.
  • dsmpunk
    dsmpunk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Wooo Iowa!
  • SmilesIowa
    Options
    I'm in Cedar Rapids! Good to see some more Iowans on here!
  • dsmpunk
    dsmpunk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Come on Iowans, we can't let the Wisconsinites beat us. What is great about Iowa?

Zombie Burger downtown Des Moines!
    John Wayne birthplace!
    Corn!

Yeah Iowa!
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Ames here!!
  • cyndispot
    cyndispot Posts: 135
    Options
    I'm in Newton....Lost 70 last year and am working on my last 20...
  • hubkal
    hubkal Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    WAY UP NE Iowa here. Riceville, IA. Very active and ready to stay healthy!
  • cunokyle
    cunokyle Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Living in Mason City at this time! Originally from the Des Moines area and moved to Mason City for my job! I get to travel all over Easter and Northern Iowa for work so I get to see a lot of the state weekly! Although a lot of it is the same stuff.

However, Iowa has the Yellow River Forest area to be proud of! Great hiking, great fishing, great camping!
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I'm in Shenandoah, Iowa. We come through Newton frequently when making trips to Iowa City to see our college son!! I'm working on my last 20-25 pounds too!!
  • roadtripper23
    Options
    Way to speak up Iowa. We are trying to be the Healthiest State and it looks like this group is doing their best.
  • Tlink34
    Tlink34 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Way to go Roadtipper ! I just can't get out in the cold weather but I I commend you!
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    From Altoona - DSM area. Love it during spring/ summer/ fall... not much of a winter gal though.
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Currently in Vinton but grew up in the Nashua area (little brown church is our big claim to fame). I am one of those crazy RAGBRAIs that bike across the state each year. Have taken up snowshoeing this year which is a great work out and you don't really notice the cold once you get moving. I am down to my final 10-15 pounds having lost about 70 so far.

Feel free to add me

Go Hawks! :laugh: