People should share

Options
I really wish that when people posted their success pictures, they would always include every single thing that they did to lose the weight. All of you are such a huge inspiration for someone like me with 94 more pounds to lose. Every time I feel like giving up, I look at the success story message boards and look in amazement at pictures of before and after your losses.
I have seen a lot of posts where they say "I did this by doing the MFP program and exercising".... I wish that I knew what exercises you were doing. I can't come up with a good routine and I don't know how to start with workouts. I don't have the money for a personal trainer since I just gave birth to my daughter but, it would be nice to know what all of you did for exercising. I just want your bodies so badly :) I need all of the help that I can get.

Replies

• duckymoo
    Options
    I just wanted to say, best of luck. I'm climbing back on the wagon after giving birth myself and it can be really tough. I havn't been hotting the gym much as I don't have time/childcare but even getting out with baby in a pushchar is a good start, and some sunshine and fresh air has to be good for them too. Don't be too hard on yourself. Take care.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Honestly, everyone does things so differently that I think you would be overwhelmed with all the options if everyone posted EVERYTHING they did to lose weight. lol. Ideas and suggestions are fine, but ultimately, you need to find what will work for YOU, and not worry about following some plan just because someone else did.

That being said, I do have some suggestions. Take it one day at a time. Stop looking at the big picture, because that can be very overwhelming. Small steps. Eliminate soda and juice. Drink more water. Park farther away. Take the stairs instead of the escalator. Set smaller weight loss goals. Set your ticker to lose 10 pounds only. Do that. Then do it again, because you know that you can do it.

You say you just had a baby, well, that's the PERFECT excuse for exercise! Bundle her up in the stroller and WALK. That's pretty much the only exercise I've been doing is walking, with the VERY occasional jogging and Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred, which is also something relatively easy that you could do at home.

You've got this! :flowerforyou:
  • jenjenchuckles
    Options
    good luck!! i need some inspiration too.. loving the fitness pal app. it would be useful to have more friends on their to watch eachothers diaries for tips and tricks :) x
  • Ready2Serve
    Ready2Serve Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    What type of workouts are you interested in? If you like the workout videos, look on YouTube. They have tons of workout videos and you don't have to spend money to buy them.

I suggest start with cardio (walking, jogging,anything that gets your heart rate up) for 20-30 minutes. Then a whole body workout to build muscle, which will help you burn more fat.

If you have more questions let me know.
  • Ready2Serve
    Ready2Serve Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want. More than willing to help motivate anyone that is willing to work to be fit.:smile:
  • healthywealthyme
    Options
    Hi there Mrs Anderson - I am new to this site MFP - and I have only being doing something called the 5.2 (Fast Diet) - I started on the 10 September with 10kg I wanted to lose. Without doing exercise but just following the 5.2 - which is basically, 2 fast days (only 500 calories per day) - a week (mon and thursdays) - I have lost 6kg - very comfortably - even over the festive season i took time off from fasting for 2 weeks - but still didn't go up in weight (which I was sure I would have due to my huge intake :-( ) - the 5.2 is first off for health (if you watch the documentary - should be here http://documentaryheaven.com/eat-fast-and-live-longer/ )

very very worth a watch - Michael Mosely has also just bought out a book called the Fast Diet - which i am waiting for.
    This is a very good health angle on losing and maintaining good weight.

Thought i would just share this x
  • supermoo2
    Options
    I have lost 52 pounds in 11 months. What did I do?

Had 1500cals per day by:

cut back on portion sizes and used a smaller dinner plate

Main meal was made of of half vegetables/salad, quarter protein and quarter starchy carbs - YES I had carbs - they are not evil, it is usually what you have with them

Lowered fat and sugar content - looked at labels - aimed for 5g or less per 100g of each fat and sugar.

Cut right back on fat when cooking - used spray oil, steaming alot.

If I felt like 'naughty' foods (although nothing was out of bounds for me) I shared it with my husband so I had less calories - eg 1/4 muffin instead of a whole one.

Using skimmed milk instead of whole milk.

Lunch was usually a large salad, quite filling but low calorie.

Exercise: walking, using stairs instead of the lift, and sometimes cycling to work - but mostly walking.

Hope that helps you to know what I did
  • s_bell2012
    Options
    89lbs lost since April 2012
    I'll admit that it has not been that difficult if I am being honest

Followed the calorie and exercise goals set by MFP

Exercised at first by
    swimming 3 times a week 1 hour sessions
    then
    switched to cycling which i love after tweaking a muscle in my shoulder during swimming
    Now cycling to work 2 to 3 times a week and back playing football (soccer) once a week

I'm now probably as fit as what i was when i was in my early 20's

Still got a few lbs to go but I'll get there and so will you
  • Stenobun
    Stenobun Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I started out walking for about two months. I could barely do a mile when I started and was up to about 4 miles a day, then I started doing the 30 Day Shred about 40 days ago. I'm taking longer than 30 days to get stronger and IT'S WORKING! I have muscles where I've never had them and I've lost a lot of inches. Can't wait to move on to the 90 day Total Body Revolution. I'm doing about 1500 calories a day and really only drink water.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!