Getting Started with Weights

Options
Good morning all! Other than just a google search, does anyone have any advice on how to get started with strength training? I've read to start with light weights (which is a given, since I'm under orders for no heavy lifting). Also, I've read to do any strength training before cardio. Any advice accepted. Thanks y'all & Happy Tuesday!

Replies

• b3thluca5
    b3thluca5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do very effective strength training without using weights at all using your own body weight. Really you should get used to lifting your own weight before you add in extra weight.

If you put body weight exercises into the search on uTube it will come up with lots of examples but it's things like press ups, lunges, squats, tricep dips etc
  • superdeedooper
    superdeedooper Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You can do very effective strength training without using weights at all using your own body weight. Really you should get used to lifting your own weight before you add in extra weight.

If you put body weight exercises into the search on uTube it will come up with lots of examples but it's things like press ups, lunges, squats, tricep dips etc

Thank you for this info. This is exactly the type of thing I need to know since I had no clue where to begin. :smile: