Feet Hurting/Tingling When Walking

Options
Okay, so one of my main sources of exercise is walking, either on a treadmill or just out in my tennis shoes; Nike. Well I have noticed in the last few weeks that I have been getting this like tingling feeling on the bottom of my feet and it gets to a point, like today that I just can't go anymore. It starts about 10 minutes into the walk and then I go for as long as I can but today I only got like thirty minutes in before I had to stop.

Anyone else ever experience this; if so, any suggestions as to how to overcome? Do you think I need new shoes? I am open to suggestions, at this point, I'll try anything.

Thanks for all of your help and support!!!!!

Replies

• kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I think you should see a doctor. Tingling could be a problem. Do you have any pain when you're just running around getting things done?
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Agreed about the doctor if it continues. However, what sort of shoes are you wearing? It could be that they're not really fitted super well for you.
  • cjmuncy42
    Options
    i was having trouble with pain in my feet and knees when I walked a few months ago and then I read in a book that some people are sensitve to weat glutin and that it can cause sourness in their joints. I decided to be as glutin free as possible and it worked great. This is not true for everyone but you could give it a try. The only problem you will find is there is glutin in foods you would not expect and its hard to avoid it completly. Are you seeing a Doctor? If you are, definatly talk to him or her about it and new shoes can't hurt.
  • mmrose00
    mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I would say see a Dr as well.. Perhaps it can also be your sneakers.. But I suppose the Dr. visit should be first...
  • LadyLawJHF
    Options
    Something to try before going to your regular doctor would be to see a chiropractor. I have the same problem in my right foot, which is from a pinched nerve. I have to go to the chiropractor to have my hips re-aligned about once a month. Hope this helps.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Could be your feet "fell asleep" caused by poor circulation in the feet. I'd say maybe your shoes are too tight. Does it last long, stop as soon as you stop running, spread up your legs?