Spaghetti Squash

Options
sandara
sandara Posts: 830 Member
I just heated up the spaghetti squash I cooked yesterday and added a wedge of the laughing cow cheese before I microwaved it. Turned out delicious. Closest I've had to mac & cheese in a long time! Wish they would make a chedder light wedge!

Replies

• AmyLynn4321
    AmyLynn4321 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    OH!!! will have to try that! I have half a left over squash I wasn't sure what to do with! They do have a garlic and onion laughing cow I think.
  • pearlyfatcat
    pearlyfatcat Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have never tried spaghetti Squash. Do you guys have a good recipe for it?
  • sandara
    Options
    OH!!! will have to try that! I have half a left over squash I wasn't sure what to do with! They do have a garlic and onion laughing cow I think.

That's the one I used on the squash. I've also had the swiss lite and the french onion lite. But cheddar would be good too! lol
  • shellee9tj
    shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    MMMMM, sounds delicious!!! I love, love, love spaghetti squash!!
  • chicka200413
    Options
    Wow, I never thought about putting a laughin cow cheese wedge in it. That sounds great! Thanks for the tip!
  • sandara
    Options

There was another thread that had recipes but I couldn't find it. I've only ever baked it. Just cut it in half long ways and take out the seeds & pulp. I spray with the low cal butter spray. Place face down in a dish or pan and bake it on 350 until you can stick a fork in it easily. Then just pull the strands out and eat plain. I've also added spaghetti sauce to it before and that was good too.

Maybe some others will post us some recipes.
  • shellee9tj
    shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
    Options

You just bake it and then do whatever you want with it really! Sometimes I put spaghetti sauce on it like it is real spaghetti or just a little butter and some Mrs. Dash or just garlic powder and black pepper.
  • dawn33
    dawn33 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love this idea because I love both of those. I think I will have that tomorrow for dinner YUM YUM YUM!!!
  • kfsooner
    kfsooner Posts: 40
    Options
    I use this recipe for spaghetti squash.

http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Properly-Prepared-Spaghetti-Squash-162765

Good Luck!!
  • kl4279
    kl4279 Posts: 2
    Options
    We bake a spaghetti squash and then scoop it out with a fork and use it in place of spaghetti noodles when we have spaghetti.
    It is delicious!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I use it in place of noodles for low cal asian dishes :happy:
  • sandara
    Options
    I use it in place of noodles for low cal asian dishes :happy:

Never thought of that. I make stir fry all the time. I know what I'm doing with the rest of it! Thanks
  • themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    We had it baked in a caserole of sorts one time, with tomato sauce and lowfat cottage and ground turkey. Kind of like a lasagne. It was great!