Is it possible?

Options
gpies
gpies Posts: 56 Member
Hi all - ok, I worked my butt off today moving cleaning out a home - completely - for approximately 4 hours. This involved going up 3 flights of stairs (I can't even count the number of times, while carrying things up and down). I did not stop for all but 15 minutes to eat lunch. Because I don't really know how to calculate this, I looked at the database and found "moving - although it stated boxes I believe - but it included up and down stairs - so I opted for that and only put in 2 hours worth because I didn't know if that really was the correct thing. It stated 900+ calories. Could it be possible that I may have actually burned close to 1800 if I put in the accurate time? I will tell you however, that I am completely WIPED OUT and have just sat down since 630 this morning - aside from my 15 min lunch and 15 min dinner - (I ate bfast standing and doing dishes and making lunches) Please let me know if you think my calorie burn sounds accurate. Thanks for any imput!!

Replies

• msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    The answer is YES... I had the same thing happen when I logged cleaning my yard. I was hauling branches, digging up bushes etc... for about 4 hours and it burned about 1600 calories. I cross checked it with a couple sites and found that it was pretty much right on with in a few calories. So, yeah- ya did and enjoy some rest. It sounds as though it's well deserved.
    :drinker:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Subtract 100 for every hour .. you don't want to count the calories you would have burned just sitting around because that's already included in your base calories.
  • Mommabee
    Mommabee Posts: 103
    Options
    I wouldn't doubt it if you did burn that many! Just to be safe though I wouldn't eat it all back just in case! Good luck with the move!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I bet it is pretty accurate. This is why I don't shy away from helping my friends move! It is one of the best workouts! (So long as I don't succumb too much to the Thank You Pizza & Beer that is typically provided post-move.) I agree with not eating back all of those calories, but go ahead and have a treat today if you want it! You earned it.