First Week In & the Scale Didn't Move! :(

Options

Replies

• vanessayoungss
    Options
    I am the EXACT same weight (even the 0.2 lbs bit on the end) as last week when i started despite eating well, eating fruit and veggies and tracking every single thing i put in my mouth BUT my body is probably still recovering from what I ate over the christmas period!

Don't be disheartned and Do not give up..Giving up has got me where I am today and I don't want to be like this!!
  • nanamary47
    nanamary47 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Make sure you do get your calories in and drink your water. I'm sure the next time you get on the scale you will see results. Don't give up. We all have been there.:flowerforyou:
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    That is the kind of situation that would have me so frustrated that I would eventually give up. BUT not this time. If I were you, I would take your measurements and before pictures. I just took my before pics today and girl, it's not pretty! I then put those pictures into a collage photo and made it the background picture on my phone! This way I'm seeing what I actually look like EVERY DAY. Luckily I have a lot of apps on my phone so the pictures aren't obvious but I know it's there and I'm hoping that every time I look at my phone it will motivate me to keep working out and eating right. I cant wait to take another set of pictures in a week. I'm sure that you will be able to see a difference in the pictures even if the scale doesn't say what you want it to. As long as you are eating enough, and working out and drinking water, the weight and the inches WILL come off. We've all heard it before, "it took a while to get to the weight you are at, so it' will take a while to get it off". There is no quick fix, this has to be a lifestyle change. Don't give up. Remember it's not so much about the number on the scale as it is the way you feel and the way your clothes feel. You're doing it girl, just keep on, keepin on!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    weird? cause I dropped 50lbs my first week.

Okay, enough sarcasm, how about you celebrate the fact that you made some fantastic changes in that first week. You need to recognize that this is a lifestyle change, that is the only way that it will come off and STAY off. this isn't a short term diet that you'll be able to give up on and eat brownies for the rest of your life. If you feel deprived, give it another week, if you still feel deprived, than work some treats into your daily calories.

Giving up is an option, but it won't get you what you want. Losing weight is simple, but it isn't easy.
  • slwalker1220
    Options
    I agree 100%!
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    yup give it time! and maybe your not eating enough i started at 1200 and wasnt losing i boosted my cals to 1400 and starting losing so much so hang in there everything will fall into place dont get discouraged u will lose it!!
  • lynnie_1
    lynnie_1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    hey. just a suggestion but instead of just focusing on the scale numbers. measure yourself instead. you might see the inches being lost which will help you stay motivated! i am in rhe same boat. im not losing weight but the inches are melting away!
  • vanessa194
    vanessa194 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    :smile: Dont give up whatever you do !!! just keep pushing .. Scales who needs them .. sometimes you wont lose weight but you will lose inches it will come off in time . Just keep swimming (Dorie voice)
  • Caletagirl
    Caletagirl Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. We are all on here to help.
    Have you measured yourself, cause like other people have said, you might not lose it on the scales but you might lose inches :)
    Good luck and keep it up :)
  • lindawayne11
    lindawayne11 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    This happened to me when I first started. Actually I gained a pound! I was so upset. But I hung in there and within a couple of weeks, the numbers started dropping. First only by a pound then it was steadily dropping by 2 pounds per week. I think the first couple of weeks your body is adjusting to new changes and you have to give it time to catch up.
    Good Luck. You can do this! :)
  • Iron_warrior33
    Options
    The main question is how do you feel? Also is your sodium intake to high, what is the ration of Protein, Carbs & Fat. If all that is good don't worry the weight will drop. remember muscle will weigh more that fat. So if you are gaining muscle the scale will not change much. Keep eating clean & keep working out. It will happen. I had the same thing happen , then all of a sudden I droped 30 lbs in a month. so keep it up.
    John
    Lol, so not true. muscle does not wegh more than fat. That's like saying which weighs more, a ton of bricks or a ton of feathers. A pound is a pound no matter what it is. Also, if she's eating at a defficit, she's not going to gain muscle in a week. I would say water weight. Check your sodium and carbs.
  • CuddlyCurves
    CuddlyCurves Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Very reassuring reading all this as I'm having the same sort of issues - I'm so impatient & want results right now but I do know it won't happen like that. The dramatic change in the calories consumed now compared to before I joined here (about a week ago) has, quite possibly, put my body into some sort of shock - I wonder if my body is holding onto everything until it settles down & gets used to the lower intake as I'm feeling kinda bloated at the moment! Perhaps increasing your water intake might help too? I need to increase mine as it's pitiful at the moment.
    I've had friends who have had weeks when nothing changed but then in the following weeks their bodies caught up & they dropped a good amount afterwards.

Patience is the key I reckon :-)
  • booker2shoes
    booker2shoes Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Remember that muscle weighs more than fat!! How do you feel? Are your clothes fitting a little differently? It's possible you are gaining muscle. That's a good thing! Don't be discouraged. Keep at it. You'll see the changes you want. I always remind myself that it didn't take 8 days to put it all on, and it won't take 8 days to take it all off!!
  • ktwest2107
    ktwest2107 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Don't be worried or discouraged :) These things take time! When I don't see any movement for a while (which I haven't, unless you count the numbers moving up from the holidays lol), I remember that I didn't put my weight on in a week, or two weeks, or even a year, so it's not going to come off as quickly either. Keep at it girl! You'll get there!
  • booker2shoes
    booker2shoes Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Fair enough...muscle is denser than fat. This means the it takes less muscle to weigh a pound than it takes for fat. Thus, you can be smaller and still weigh the same (or more).
  • rhjslj
    rhjslj Posts: 1
    Options
    I am at a standstill is seems as well. Trying to stay around the 1200 calorie mark I have found that I am only eating around 750-800 calories. I am so concerned about going over that I limit myself quite a bit early on only to find that I can't eat enough to make up the difference in the end. Also, if I take inconsideration of the exercise I do each day (about 500-600 calorie deficit), i am really falling short of the goal. Can this really be stalling my weight loss. Do I need to really increase my calorie intake by the amount of calories burned during exercise?
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I am at a standstill is seems as well. Trying to stay around the 1200 calorie mark I have found that I am only eating around 750-800 calories. I am so concerned about going over that I limit myself quite a bit early on only to find that I can't eat enough to make up the difference in the end. Also, if I take inconsideration of the exercise I do each day (about 500-600 calorie deficit), i am really falling short of the goal. Can this really be stalling my weight loss. Do I need to really increase my calorie intake by the amount of calories burned during exercise?

Yes. You need to eat all 1200 calories and then most of your exercise calories.

If you're not doing the program like it was designed, you can't complain about not getting the results you were expecting.
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Be patient & keep doing what you are doing - consistency is key. Good luck & don't get discouraged. Try taking "before' pictures, "progress" pictures, and "after" pictures - they help!!
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    No one "builds muscle" in ONE week!!!
  • Ifly4free
    Ifly4free Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    It took me six weeks to lose my first lb. I gained 2 before my loss and I was so mad I just kept going, knowing sooner or later I had to lose and then it finally started to happen. Very frustrating but worth it in th end. I've been maintaining for a year.
    Keep going! All your hard work will payoff. You just have to have Patience!!