Wii Your Shape - anyone tried it?

Options
Hi!

I just got the Wii Your Shape for Christmas and I'm wondering if anyone on here has tried it. If so, what did you think of it? Any tips? Did you have any success with it? :smile:

Replies

• akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I do not have that one, I want it though.

I have Wii Gold's Gym, Just Dance(which has a Sweat mode) and NFL Trainer. They really work and they are fun. NFL Trainer is a lot like Your Shape, and I really like that the most. These a perfect for when it is cold outside or you just need more calories for your goal.
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have it and I did it for a while, I didn't really LOVE it but I didn't hate it either. It is a great tool to use and now that you have mentioned it I might give it another try!
  • JenLovesFall
    Options
    Thank you so much for the responses!! I just did my first workout and it said I burned 493 calories in 25 minutes. That sounds a bit high considering it wasn't a cardio workout. It was a lot of fun though!! I've done Jillian Michael's workouts in the past, but I haven't done a workout in quite some time. I tried Jillian a couple of times last month but couldn't get past 15 minutes with her. This Your Shape workout was tough but it's definitely something I can stick with to build my strength and stamina again.
  • LosinItAll2012
    LosinItAll2012 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I had it... Lost interest pretty quickly... I found it very monotanous and kinda boring. I need upbeat dance music to keep me going. It's a neat idea..but I just didn't find it "fun"

Good Luck with it!!! I hope you enjoy it! :flowerforyou:
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried it. I was always an EA Active Personal Trainer fan!! :) Lost my first 35 pounds using that program!
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I have not tried that one. I have two zumbas and the go active set. Love all of those.
  • aprilelayne
    aprilelayne Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried it. I was always an EA Active Personal Trainer fan!! :) Lost my first 35 pounds using that program!

Good to hear! I was cleaning up after Xmas and found the EA Active Trainer that I borrowed from a friend over a year ago and never tried! (ha, I know bad friend)...I might hook up the Wii and try it out!
  • JenLovesFall
    Options

That's awesome!!! My first impression of this workout system was that it was going to be something cheesy - especially since they got a celebrity involved to sell their product. I must say I was pretty impressed! It was actually pretty tough! And it's awesome to hear feedback like this and know that a similar program really worked! Congrats on your weight loss btw! :smile:
  • cici1028
    Options
    Thanks. That program will make you sweat. Jumping, running in place, lunges, squats... resistance training with bands (although I switched to weights eventually)... amazing. It's like gym class but harder and more fun. I also love that it gave you a four-day-a week challenge. I just kept doing the challenge over and over. It still kicks my butt!
  • cici1028
    Options

Good to hear! I was cleaning up after Xmas and found the EA Active Trainer that I borrowed from a friend over a year ago and never tried! (ha, I know bad friend)...I might hook up the Wii and try it out!

April - definitely give it a go! I was incredibly out of shape when I started it and I was too embarrassed to go to the gym, but it really got me results!