Insanity Elite Nutrition Guide

Options
Anyone is or was on the Insanity nutrition guide that came with the workout program?

I've started Insanity today and am going to follow the guide for the 60 days. However, I decided to log my food on MFP as well just to have a record of it and to my surprise, even as I followed the food guide to a T, one of the meals came up to 626kcal versus the 400kcal the guide was stating! That was a bit shocking...because I have inadvertently overate!

I have to tweak the meals now but wanted to find out if anyone had experience with this guide and found the discrepancies?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I take occasion meals from the guide but did not follow it to the T b/c I'm allergic to a lot of it.
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    anyone who's strictly doing the Insanity nutrition guide??
  • nikkinz
    nikkinz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I follow the nutrition plan for the most part. what I've found is that some brands of food have more calories than others. Example whole wheat bread, some slices are 100 and some are 140. A whole wheat tortilla full size is 200 cals but the 6 inch ones are100.
    What i do is log the meals before I make them and then tweak them to meet the calorie and protein,Carb, fat as closly as possible.
    This may mean having to sustitute but there is suggestions at the back of the nutrition guide to help with this.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I used the plan as a guide but by no means followed it to a T. I would get meal ideas and tweak it a bit. I just ate cleaner, lots of veggies and good proteins.
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I think that's what I'm going to do is tweak it. Thanks guys!