my brain hurts, someone help me - you know kids tv shows?

Options
AimersBee
AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
i've been thinking about it for a while now.. and i've been rackin my brain with what the name of this kids show was.. (i'm trying to show a coworker of mine a puppet that was on this kids show)... if you know the name of the show let me know.. haha..

anyways.. i believe the kids show was from 10 years back or so (it may still be on re runs, who knows) but it has a lady (35-45ish age) with short red curly hair and she has puppets as characters in the show as well.. maybe there was a tree in the show too? haha.. anyways if you could let me know if you know what im talking about, or take a guess anyways. although its quite a vague description haha... hopefully someone has a suggestion.

thanks!

Replies

• AimersBee
    Options
    heyoo!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Lambchop
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Lambchop?

lambchop.jpg
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Lambchop?

lambchop.jpg
    Lambchop is the puppet. Sherri Lewis is the woman.

That show is WAY more than 10 years old, but it may have still been around then. She died, I think.

She had two other puppets. One was Hush Puppy and I can't remember the third's name.
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Lambchop?

lambchop.jpg

That show is WAY more than 10 years old, but it may have still been around then. She died, I think.

She had two other puppets. One was Hush Puppy and I can't remember the third's name.

Charlie Horse! I used to love this show....but that was over 20 years ago!
  • rml_16
    Options
    Lambchop?

lambchop.jpg

Charlie Horse! I used to love this show....but that was over 20 years ago!
    Yes! Thank you!

I used to love the mule song.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I went to the drive in recently and they had a clip of her and lambchop that had to be from the first christmas special of the show (60s???), she had her hair pulled back with a ribbon like the chick from grease and she looked like a teenager...it was so weird to see her so young...
  • AimersBee
    Options
    ahhh yes.. hahahahaha thanks!
  • AimersBee
    Options
    and yes now that you mention it, it was 20 yrs old or so.. because i remember seeing it when i was like 10 lol
  • rml_16
    Options
    and yes now that you mention it, it was 20 yrs old or so.. because i remember seeing it when i was like 10 lol
    She may have had a more contemporary version, but the show started in they 1950s or '60s.
  • rml_16
    Options
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    If you are talking about 20 years ago, and continuing to be shown in repeats for many years after, the program would be Lamb Chop's Play Along. Shari Lewis was the host/puppeteer. The show had that oh so annoying repeating song "This is the song that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends. Some people starting singing it not knowing what it was, and we'll continue singing it forever just because..." More recent than that might have been The Charlie Horse Music Pizza which ran in 1998, the same year that Shari Lewis died.

As for Shari Lewis and the puppets (Lamb Chop, Charley Horse, Hush Puppy), they've been around for as long as I can remember! I remember as a child in the 50's and 60's I watched her on her own TV show as well as the many times she and the puppets guested on various variety shows like Ed Sullivan, etc. I even had my own set of those hand puppets!

Here's a link to part of a tv special from 1989 that has a a clip of the Shari Lewis show from around 1961! It's so cool knowing I was a young child and loved watching Shari & Lamb Chop when I was very young, and then when my kids were the same age, they also got to watch and love her and the puppets, too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC9C9c2H4mY