Exercise that does not kill

Options
Hi there

Need support in finding the best form of exercise that is suitable for me I am a full time nurse so I am tired once I get home and exercise is the last thing I want to be doing. I am also a mum to a 12 month old little boy. So I have a lot going on. Ant tips and advice ?

Replies

• Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Slow walking for as long as you can. You can look at it more as a meditative thing to help you unwind from work, it's not as intense, and you're still burning calories. or if you have something like an exercise bike, put it in the tv room and just mellow pedal your way through an episode of something.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi there

Need support in finding the best form of exercise that is suitable for me I am a full time nurse so I am tired once I get home and exercise is the last thing I want to be doing. I am also a mum to a 12 month old little boy. So I have a lot going on. Ant tips and advice ?

exercise in the morning
  • orr_stacie
    orr_stacie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Babies make the best weights. Lay down on the floor and play with the baby....lift him up and down....put him on your legs and do leg lifts....You will be bonding and working out all in one step.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I work a full time job, have a 6 year old and a 4 year old, not to mention all of their extra curricular activities, and my own. I workout at home 6 days a week following Jillian Michael's work out videos.

Check out YouTube. THere are some great at home workout things that can be done in as little as 20 minutes.

You say something that won't kill...well, a workout should get a little bit uncomfortable. I sweat buckets and really push myself through my Jillian Michaels videos, and boy oh boy have I been seeing results.
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    We are all tired when we get home, you just have to decide you want this. What you do when you exercise isn't as improtant as making sure you do it. Try different things until you fnd one that fits your personality (zumba, biking walking, videos whatever) Any of these work as long as you put enough effort into them to raise your heart rate. Make a realistic plan and stick to it. Maybe 3 times a week for 30 minutes, put it on the calendar and do it. It will get easier, you will have more engergy and you may even want to increase your efforts. Good luck!